Gt 610

Hello. I am trying to upgrade my old pc until I have money for a new one. I have a m2n68-la mother board and I was wondering if i could use a EVGA 01G-P3-2616-KR GeForce GT 610 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card in it?
8 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. you can read here

    https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=uk&dlc=en&docname=c01925534&lc=en&product=4064886

    that your Motherboard does have a PCI-Express x16 slot, so yes it is compatible with a GT610, also this GPU requires at least 300W psu, make sure you have that;
  2. what is budget for gpu
  3. akshayghai29785 said:
    what is budget for gpu

    about $60 dollars.
  4. ricardois said:
    you can read here

    https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=uk&dlc=en&docname=c01925534&lc=en&product=4064886

    that your Motherboard does have a PCI-Express x16 slot, so yes it is compatible with a GT610, also this GPU requires at least 300W psu, make sure you have that;



    300w is only recommended, because I bought the same card yesterday and my pc only has 220w, but I think I should still be able to use the card. I am just having problems installing it because its not showing up in my device manager and the nvidia driver installer isnt reading the hardware. I made a thread about it, but havent gotten any replies yet.
  5. CarbonXVI said:
    300w is only recommended, because I bought the same card yesterday and my pc only has 220w, but I think I should still be able to use the card. I am just having problems installing it because its not showing up in my device manager and the nvidia driver installer isnt reading the hardware. I made a thread about it, but havent gotten any replies yet.


    It will work... but when your system is under stress, if your PSU can't supply the required energy it will cause the components to run under the normal performance, and depending on the PSU quality, it can cause components to work with wrong voltages causing computer shutdowns and even toasting some hardware components.

    make sure you have plugged it correctly, and also make sure that you have plugged the monitor to the GPU instead of the motherboard VGA output.

    To install the drivers try using this for Win7 x32:
    http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/49892
    or this for Win7 x64:
    http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/49949
  6. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/375256-33-graphics-card-installation-problems

    that's a link to the thread I made. When I plug my monitor into the vga port I dont get any display on the screen which leads me to believe I may need a new monitor. I dont have another desktop to test out and see what does and doesnt work unfortunately.
  7. CarbonXVI said:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/375256-33-graphics-card-installation-problems

    that's a link to the thread I made. When I plug my monitor into the vga port I dont get any display on the screen which leads me to believe I may need a new monitor. I dont have another desktop to test out and see what does and doesnt work unfortunately.


    WHen you say VGA you mean the Video Graphic Adapter (GPU)? or the Video Graphics Array (VGA cable output)? because like i have said before you must plug the monitor into the GPU and NOT in the motherboard VGA...

    Could be a defective GPU too... try the reverse, remove the GPU and plug the monitor to the motherboard output, that way you can check if the monitor is working.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Motherboards Graphics