Sign in with
Your question

GTX 295 problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 26, 2012 7:27:01 PM

I recently upgraded from a 9600GT to a GTX295 and when I run games or a benchmark like 3Dmark06 or Kombustor, I get very faint lines across the screen, they are the same colour as the actual image ingame but a shade lighter, it's only noticable when standing still or in menus, but it's there. Anyone know why this is happening?

Another problem

When I run kombustor, I get 40FPS with the MSI furry logo, The usage on the right showing both CPUs, the second one is running full load and the second one drops down to 300mhz clock and 100mhz memory

My setup:
AMD Phenom 9550 2.2 Quad
3GB DDR2 ram
Nvidia GTX295 (9600GT is my old card)
500W standard PSU powering my Mobo, CPU, HDD, RAM etc, and a dedicated 500W powering my GTX 295
350GB 7200 RPM western digital HDD
A shitty Imedia motherboard

More about : gtx 295 problem

October 26, 2012 7:33:18 PM

I can only assume that the other CPU is underclocking in games too, not just kombustor :/ 
a c 184 U Graphics card
October 26, 2012 9:09:58 PM

Not sure about the lines issue, but Kombustor does not support SLI without some tweaks:

http://www.geeks3d.com/20110310/tips-how-to-enable-sli-...

As for the lines, the usual fiddling with the leads is a good starting point: Remove your video lead and reconnect, if there's no change, and the card has more than one output, use the other one, still no good? Try another lead and start again.
The above is a bit of a pain but often works.
And what are you doing upgrading with a card from the early Iron Age? ;) 
October 27, 2012 12:42:00 AM

coozie7 said:
Not sure about the lines issue, but Kombustor does not support SLI without some tweaks:

http://www.geeks3d.com/20110310/tips-how-to-enable-sli-...

As for the lines, the usual fiddling with the leads is a good starting point: Remove your video lead and reconnect, if there's no change, and the card has more than one output, use the other one, still no good? Try another lead and start again.
The above is a bit of a pain but often works.
And what are you doing upgrading with a card from the early Iron Age? ;) 

I'll have a test of different leads, it worked on my old card but anything is possible :p 
I have tried both outputs and they both display the same.
I used to have a 9600GT which served me well, but decided I wanted an upgrade, it was a choice between this or the HD 6850
!