Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Best GPU for a I5-3570K for 400$ or less?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 26, 2012 7:44:37 PM

Hi I've made a lot of posts about GPU's and what I should get for a I5-3570K that wont be bottle-necked. My max price is 400$. I'm a avid gamer, I play Guild Wars 2, LoL, SC2, Smite, Minecraft, and HoN mostly. I would like to most diffidently like to be able to play GW2 at max, but i'm not positive what graphics card I should get. I would like to get 30+ frames in GW2 in a graphics intense place with max or close to max settings if possible.

More about : gpu 3570k 400

a b U Graphics card
October 26, 2012 7:54:45 PM

i would get a amd 7950, but you can get a gigabyte gtx 670 which would perform better for about 350 bucks on newegg. and the msi power edition is lowered to 390 bucks now
Score
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
October 26, 2012 8:30:01 PM

You can find 7970 for under $400 without looking to hard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I see you play guild wars just know that game doesn't use high end hard ware very well. When I'm in WvW or whatever it'll slow way down to like 15-20 fps no matter what I set the graphics too. I'm still thinking they'll eventually make it run better they've just had their hands full first with all the hackers, then with all the glitches in the quests, and until recently I'd assume they spent a lot of time on the Halloween event.
Score
October 26, 2012 10:13:29 PM

mace200200 said:
You can find 7970 for under $400 without looking to hard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I see you play guild wars just know that game doesn't use high end hard ware very well. When I'm in WvW or whatever it'll slow way down to like 15-20 fps no matter what I set the graphics too. I'm still thinking they'll eventually make it run better they've just had their hands full first with all the hackers, then with all the glitches in the quests, and until recently I'd assume they spent a lot of time on the Halloween event.

I've looked at this card several times and I was leaning towards getting it soon. I don't expect godlike FPS in WvW by no means, but in the normal world, I would expect to get 60fps all the time, combat or not. If there is a card that can do this for less than 350 then i'd be fine getting that, i would just like to get at least 40+ fps.
Score

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
October 27, 2012 4:04:42 PM

mace200200 said:

+1 for the HD 7970

a c 191 U Graphics card
October 27, 2012 6:17:28 PM

@AbyssalWolfz: Go for the 7970, you've a good rig there, it's an expensive purchase, I agree, but you'll be playing on this setup for a good deal longer if you bite the bullet and drop the most powerful card you can afford into it now, rather than skimping only to find you need to upgrade later.
Score
October 27, 2012 10:30:16 PM

Best answer selected by AbyssalWolfz.
Score
October 27, 2012 10:30:37 PM

coozie7 said:
@AbyssalWolfz: Go for the 7970, you've a good rig there, it's an expensive purchase, I agree, but you'll be playing on this setup for a good deal longer if you bite the bullet and drop the most powerful card you can afford into it now, rather than skimping only to find you need to upgrade later.

That's what I was thinking about, 7970 it is! Thanks everyone!
Score
a c 273 U Graphics card
October 28, 2012 12:05:29 AM

This topic has been closed by MouseMonkey
Score
!