HardwareTwitch

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Hi,
I need help regarding ATI radeon 7850 connectivity.

I bought this card recently and it provides with 1 single link dvi, 1 double link dvi
, 1 display and 1 hdmi port.

What i want is to connect my pc which has above card installed to have output
on my television, since my television is little old and it has rca connection ports.

so would the following cable is sufficient for output to tv.
cablu-hdmi-la-rca~l_948814.jpg

since rca is analog and hdmi is digital , so does my graphic card wud change signal from digital to analog for display on tv by using above cable

OR i need some specific hdmi to rca convertor.
Please guide me as soon as possible.

chugot9218

Honorable
I do not think that is the correct cable, I think that is the RGB of a composite signal, not the traditional red, yellow, white, which is what I think you are looking for.

Also I did not do much research but I had a hankering this was the case, you need something that can convert the signal from digital to analog in-between the two plugs, and I am not sure this is a readily available product. But, as I said I did not research, the cable will not do the conversion work itself (I don't think).

HardwareTwitch

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
the traditional red, yellow, white, which is what I think you are looking for.

yes i am looking for it.

active converter for your connections

my graphic card won't do it, if i use cable only or i exclusively need that convertor b/w my graphic card and tv?

--------------------------------------------------------------
My Intention::

I am looking for this sort of connectivity cuz i have xbox360 that connects to my same tv through that rc ports on it, since i get decent output from
xbox 360 , i was wondering i wud get the same if i use my pc with radeon 7850 to have output on it to get larger display.

It's not the graphics card that's the issue here, it's the fact that DVI, Display Port and HDMI are DIGITAL signals, and you need to connect it to an ANALOG input. Without an active converter that converts digital to analog, you will get no image. I suggest you spend $150 and get a used 32" or so LCD screen instead of spending money on a converter to run your PC on the old TV. I got a very nice 37" Vizio 1080p TV for about $200 used. You can get a 32" size for a lot less.

SmOgER

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

Well I wouldn't be so sure...
VGA connector also uses ANALOG signal, but VGA monitors does NOT require any active adapters, even simple DVI to VGA cable is enough... So personally, if this hdmi to rca cable isn't very expensive, I would buy it and try the luck.

Read some reviews about a similar product here

http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-RCA-VGA-Cable-1-8m/product-reviews/B002ZUI68G/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

That cable won't work they way you think it will.

There are SOME things that it will work with, but not just for a regular HDMI port.

3.0 out of 5 stars Review of HDMI to 3 RCA + VGA Cable, July 27, 2011
By
Anthony - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: HDMI to 3 RCA + VGA Cable M/M 1.8m/6ft (Electronics)
Goal was to connect my HDMI port on my laptop to an older TV with only composite plugs. It looks like this would work. Although the cable appeared to be professionally made, ultimately, I could not get this to work properly.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

10 of 12 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars does not work with Apple TV, October 6, 2010
By
flashj - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: HDMI to 3 RCA + VGA Cable M/M 1.8m/6ft (Electronics)
I was recommended to this product from another website and I wish i'd scrolled down and read the reviews here before ordering. I wasted several hours trying to make this cable work. I tried it on my appleTV, my elgato video digitizer and a high end video card in my PC. I got no video and no sound from any of those sources.