Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need advice

Last response: in Systems
Share
December 15, 2012 8:03:28 AM

I am currently In Afghanistan and plan to do a full upgrade when I get back. My question is should I wait for the next generation Hardware or will it be worth it to start buying components now so when I get home sometime in 2013 I have everything ready to go.
Also would it be better to go 1156 or 2011. I have heard that Intel is retiring the 2011 socket. Is that true?
I am upgrading from my current Rig which is in my public profile. Money really isnt an option but try to keep it under $4000 so go nuts.

Approximate Purchase Date:Sometime in 2013

Budget Range: $3500-$3999 after everything is said and done

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Benchmarking, Movies, surfing the net

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Parts to Upgrade:
Cpu: Intel

Gpu: Preferably Nvidia but I am open to AMD. 2 or more

Mobo: Open to suggestions. I have had a lot of luck with my asus though
.
Ram: Again I have had a lot of luck with g-skill but open to suggestions.

Cpu Cooling: Water Cooling. Not an all in one unit.

Gpu cooling: More than likely air but if you can fit it into the budget, water.

HDD: I will probably keep my 1TB Seagate barracuda for storage. But may add at least another TB

SSD: Atleast 256MB possibly 2 for Raid

Disk drive: Will use my current

Case: Rosewill BLACKHAWK-ULTRA Gaming Super Tower

Psu: My 1000W Kingwin lazer if possible

Monitor: 24" LED backlit

Keyboard: no

Mouse: Yes
.
Do you need to buy OS: no

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, Frozencpu

Location: Fort Riley, Kansas

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080, or Better

Additional Comments: I know it will be overkill but I have the money and nothing else to spend it on. I love overclocking and pushing everything I can to the limit for Benchmarking. I know it accounts for nothing but I love doing it.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Cause I can and want to


Again I still have about 6 months left in this deployment so if the latest and greatest will be released before I get back just let me know and I will wait. I am also open to any suggestions for any piece of hardware.

Thanks

More about : advice

December 15, 2012 8:16:13 AM

i would wait 6 months till your times up, 6 months is like half of a products life cycle before it goes clearance
oh and you probably were wanting 1155 not 1156
December 15, 2012 8:49:36 AM

Digital storm X17 laptop With three year warenty.
!