Sign in with
Your question

CrossFire won't enable

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 26, 2012 11:51:47 PM

I was just given 2 ATI 6850s which I have put into an ASUS sabertooth Z77. I have put them into their respective PCIe slots and joined them with the bridge. When in Catalyst, there is no tick box to enable crossfire, any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

More about : crossfire enable

October 27, 2012 12:57:47 AM

bmarshall7 said:
I was just given 2 ATI 6850s which I have put into an ASUS sabertooth Z77. I have put them into their respective PCIe slots and joined them with the bridge. When in Catalyst, there is no tick box to enable crossfire, any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you plug in the proper power supply plugs to both cards?

Also what is the voltage of your power supply? You might not have enough.

You can also try uninstalling your drivers, turning off your computer trying to reseat the cards in their slots then restarting, and re-installing the drivers.

October 27, 2012 1:02:00 AM

maxalge said:
Did you plug in the proper power supply plugs to both cards?

Also what is the voltage of your power supply? You might not have enough.

You can also try uninstalling your drivers, turning off your computer trying to reseat the cards in their slots then restarting, and re-installing the drivers.

Hi there.

Both have the 6-pin PCIe adaptor in them, and the PSU is a 650w CoolerMaster. I have tried reseating the cards, to no avail though.

Thanks,
October 27, 2012 1:08:30 AM

bmarshall7 said:
Hi there.

Both have the 6-pin PCIe adaptor in them, and the PSU is a 650w CoolerMaster. I have tried reseating the cards, to no avail though.

Thanks,

Try running both alone, one at a time and see if your computer sees both cards alone.

!