3D Vision Problems

I recently got the ASUS VG278H for 3d gaming, it works but is a bit finicky.

The ir emitter dosent reliably start, sometimes when I start a 3d app it will work, but most of the time the emitter will not turn on, even though it is in 3d mode (blury images). I can sometimes fix this by going into the nividia control pannel and re-appling 3d settings, but this is annoying and dosent always work. Any body know the problem here?

Also, the default is for a game to start with it on, but I want it to start off, however I cant find any setting to change it. Is there a more advanced control page than: Nividia control panel -> set up sterioscopic 3d?
2 answers Last reply
More about vision problems
  1. Anybody have ideas? I cant check on the Nvidia forums as they are still down.
  2. I don't know about the problem you are experiencing. It may be something under warranty. I have no problems with 3D Vision and my Acer monitor.

However, there is a much easier way to turn the driver on and off with a script I use. The reason I use the script is that in 120hz mode, having the 3D drivers on, lowers performance, even if I'm not using 3D.

I created 2 batch files, which I have linked to an extended toolbar on the task bar.

@echo off
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /enable
    exit

Copy that to a .bat file. Create another one that /disables.

@echo off
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /disable
    exit

That at least will more quickly turn it on and off.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Asus Gaming 3D Graphics