$3500-$3999 budget, need advice

I am currently deployed in Afghanistan and plan to do a full upgrade when I get back. My question is should I wait for the next generation Hardware or will it be worth it to start buying components now so when I get home sometime in 2013 I have everything ready to go.
Also would it be better to go 1156 or 2011. I have heard that Intel is retiring the 2011 socket. Is that true?
I am upgrading from my current Rig which is in my public profile. Money really isnt an option but try to keep it under $4000 so go nuts.

Approximate Purchase Date:Sometime in 2013

Budget Range: $3500-$3999 after everything is said and done

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Benchmarking, Movies, surfing the net

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Parts to Upgrade:
Cpu: Intel

Gpu: Preferably Nvidia but I am open to AMD. 2 or more

Mobo: Open to suggestions. I have had a lot of luck with my asus though
Ram: Again I have had a lot of luck with g-skill but open to suggestions.

Cpu Cooling: Water Cooling. Not an all in one unit.

Gpu cooling: More than likely air but if you can fit it into the budget, water.

HDD: I will probably keep my 1TB Seagate barracuda for storage. But may add at least another TB

SSD: Atleast 256MB possibly 2 for Raid

Disk drive: Will use my current

Case: Rosewill BLACKHAWK-ULTRA Gaming Super Tower

Psu: My 1000W Kingwin lazer if possible

Monitor: 24" LED backlit

Keyboard: no

Mouse: Yes
Do you need to buy OS: no

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, Frozencpu

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080, or Better

Additional Comments: I know it will be overkill but I have the money and nothing else to spend it on. I love overclocking and pushing everything I can to the limit for Benchmarking. I know it accounts for nothing but I love doing it.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Cause I can and want to

Again I still have about 6 months left in this deployment so if the latest and greatest will be released before I get back just let me know and I will wait. I am also open to any suggestions for any piece of hardware.

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about 3500 3999 budget advice
  1. The latest and greatest will be out before you get home. Please be responsible with your money. There is no reason to spend more than $2000.
  2. Well if in 2013, later or sooner there'll be some new stoff.
    But well:
    Buy some recent plain stuff + well... its hard to say
    Gpu: Any 690, for that budget
    Cpu: 3770k would be enough for everything.
    Cooler: nh-d14 will do exelent.
    Mobo: Well, buy a good one, for future sli/x-fire ready <sorry i dont know mobos too good>
    Case+Psu: buy enough big psu and a good case.
    Ram: you dont need more than 8gb, but well 16 is you really are gona spend some monay. And maybey Low profile for the huge cooler.
    Ssd: buy a 240gb one, maybey the newest one in 2013 when you are going to buy Pc
    hdd: Buy 1.5tb, same as ^ssd^
  3. lt_dan_zsu said:
    The latest and greatest will be out before you get home. Please be responsible with your money. There is no reason to spend more than $2000.

Depends on if you want some really nice monitors, and how high of a resolution you game at. That could easily add up tow 4k with all of the peripherals.
  4. ok then, this is what you dont need

-x79 because you are not working
    -32gb of ram because you are not working
    -fast ram because it voids your warranty
    -a 690 because there are better cards that are less overkill
    -raid because it has no noticeable differences other than in benchmarking (benchmarking is nothing more other than to show off) and in work

get this
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sDLs

you can keep the lazer and if you have a blackhawk ultra, keep that too. other wise dont get one

and this watercooling kit will do it for the CPU
    http://www.crazypc.com/products/xspc-rx240-93812.html
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems