HD 6870 display driver problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threshy

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
So ever since I got this card I've been experiencing screen blackouts and full on display driver failures. Whether it's overclocked or not it still happens all the time during gameplay and sometimes when just using a web browser.

I have reinstalled the drivers multiple times but that doesn't help, I also saw someone mention he had the same problem and upped the voltages and that fixed it but it sure as shoot didn't do anything for me.

The temps are good at around 60 to 70c while playing games and that's without the fan running at even 80% speed.

I have it OCed at 980 core clock and 1180 memory clock with voltages at 1206 at the moment but again even at stock speeds and voltages it still happens.

I just dealt with it when I first got it but I'm at my wits end with this problem. It's very frustrating to have your screen black out for 2 or 3 seconds at a decisive moment. Any help would be appreciated, please and thank you.

Threshy

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012

if it were running that fast I think it would be on fire lol.

nah it's clocked at 1600. Guess speccy just added it together or something? idk

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

So your ram is at 1700 mhz? That might be an issue. What is your ram rated to run at?

Also if you are overclocking your video cards, disabling ULPS helps with a lot of issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.