Solved

I just built a computer, it won't turn on.

Hello,
Yesterday I put together my computer parts I bought myself for christmas and it doesn't turn on. I went through the standard check list at least 10 times and I have everything plugged in correctly. I even tested the power supply and that is not the problem. Then I went and returned the motherboard and got a brand new one and the computer still won't do anything. I tried starting it without the video card and with only 1 stick of RAM also. I have a motherboard speaker and it doesn't beep or anything. I am stuck and don't know what to do.
-intel core ivy bridge i5 3.4ghz
-16gb patriot sniper RAM 1600mhz
-240gb Intel 330 series SSD
-Msi H77MA-G43 motherboard
-Zalman z11 Mid tower
-Apevia 700w power supply
-Sapphire radeon HD 6870 1GB
-Cooler master hyper 212 CPU fan
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about built computer turn
  1. If nothing at all is happening (no lights, beeps, fans) then you aren't getting power. power switch, cabling, PSU could all be suspects.
  2. When u installed the mobo did u use the correct number of stand offs? maybe the mobos sitting on an extra one
  3. I've checked everything, reinstalled the mobo, even got a new mobo and a new power supply. Still no lights come on or anything. I'm completely lost because I helped my friend built one a few months ago and we had no problems.
  4. Best answer
    Well I found the problem. I had a broken power supply AND the wires on my case were broken....what are the chances of that...
  5. That sucks, man. It's a nightmare to troubleshoot when you have 2 problems at once. Glad you finally got it traced.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Computer Systems