I just built my computer, spces are

Windows 7 64 bit
I7 920
Radieon 5850
ASRock X58 Extreme
6 gb ddr3
Thermal take TR2-600w
western digital 750gb hd

I had a MSI mobo before but had a broken ram slot so I sent it back, but was using it fine for a week, everything worked perfect accept for the ram. but I ended up sending it back for the ASRock, put everything back together and the windows 7 64 bit that I had installed just fine a week before wont install, I end up having to take out two of the ram sticks to install it.

So it gets installed and then I start adding programs, but it will only let me add certain ones.

the programs I have installed so far are:
Chrome,
vlc player,
winRAR

programs that I haven't been able to install,
AVG
Avast
Pidgin
Steam launcher
Microsoft Office

It gives me an NSIS error every time, but since it is happening with almost everything I try to use I think its not the files I'm trying to install.

Also every once in a while it will say that explorer has crashed and will close all of the windows I have open, but I am still able to use the computer after a few seconds.

Also every once in a while, for no reason the computer screen will go a grey color with faint horizontal lines and the speakers will start buzzing if there was sound coming out of them. If left alone in this state the computer eventually reboots.

January 27, 2010 12:43:47 AM

Explorer restarts automatically, so thats why you can use it again a few seconds after the error. As for the grey screen, you might wanna check behind the display for loose ribbons/plugs connected to your lcd.
--ssen
!