Sign in with
Your question

Wrong GPU Configurations?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 27, 2012 4:40:45 AM

I just installed Windows 7 OEM on a new PC with an Intel G850 and an AMD 7770 (PCI 3). When I installed the drivers a message came up saying "wrong gpu configuration". Why is it saying this? I am getting low fps in games like minecraft, only 19fps in singleplayer and multiplayer. My motherboard is an AsRock H77 Pro4-mvp. I have a CX500W PSU.
a b U Graphics card
October 27, 2012 5:06:56 AM

Sounds like a AMD Driver conflict
m
l
October 27, 2012 5:17:00 AM

The error came up before I installed any drivers for the AMD. The driver I installed for the GPU was from the CD because whenever I tried downloading it from the site I got another error about downloading, that's not the case though. Is the graphics card defected or something? It shows up after I install the driver
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
October 27, 2012 5:20:39 AM

No, u may have not done it correctly
m
l
October 27, 2012 11:39:52 AM

What do you mean?
m
l
October 27, 2012 11:47:14 AM

Another thing I forgot to mention was that the Power Supply's 24pin would not go click into the 24pin socket on the motherboard, I pushed it down all the way but it still won't click. Could this be what's causing the problem?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 27, 2012 9:35:10 PM

Well you always need to have your 24 pin properly plugged into your motherboard but i doubt thats the issue. What i'm thinking is your system is trying to use the onboard graphics.. AMD Drivers are ***
m
l
December 1, 2012 12:28:09 PM

Hi!.
I've got the same message (wrong GPU Configuration) since yesterday. the funny thing is that between october and december LucidLogix Virtu MVP worked fine, until i updated the BIOS. I believe is the new BIOS impairing the hybrid functionality (integrated GPU + discrete graphic card). When i connect the display to the motherboard, it doesn't recognize the discrete graphic card, and with the display connected to discrete card, i've got the "wrong GPU Configuration" message.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 1, 2012 2:39:11 PM

And why did you update your BIOS? Roll back to the previous BIOS...Don't update your BIOS unless you have a hardware issue
m
l
!