Are these parts compatible/reliable?

Dec 15, 2012
Hey everyone. This will be my first build and I am still a little worried about compatibility.

i5 3750k

ASRock P67 Pro3 SE ATX

Crucial BallistiX Sport 8GB

OCZ Vertex 4 SSD 128GB 2.5in.

Sapphire Vapor X 6850

Antec Three Hundred Two

Corsair Builder Series CX600

HP Wireless Elite V2 Keyboard

BenQ GW2250 22in

Is that a good GPU for gaming at 1920x1080 while playing NFS Most Wanted, Minecraft with GLSL shaders mod, Left 4 Dead 2, and some newer games at slightly lower settings? Is that PSU good enough and does it have enough cables for everything? Is that a good motherboard for overclocking a little bit? Is that GPU going to take up more than one PCI-E slot? Is the case big enough for my parts and will airflow be a problem? Is that SSD reliable enough to use as my main drive with storage on an external drive? Does that case need a 2.5in mounting bracket?

Sorry for all my questions as this is my 1st build but thank you in advance.

Dec 15, 2012

Is their anything wrong with the corsair? They carry it at a local Best Buy and I'm partial to corsair because multiple friends have this one and they like it alot.

larkspur

Distinguished

The links aren't working. But to answer your questions:
-That GPU is bare minimum for 1080p gaming. I would get something more robust like a 7850, but I realize you probably have a budget. Post a budget and we can offer better suggestions.
-You can OC with that motherboard, but it isn't a good motherboard for OCing. The minimum board I suggest for OCing is the ASRock Z77 Extreme3 (but at that point just get the Extreme4 it's worth the extra $10). Again, I realize you are on a budget.
-The PSU is fine, it has enough cables for one powerful GPU.
-The GPU only plugs into one actual slot, but takes up two slots space.
-The case is adequate for most configurations - it specifies how big a CPU cooler you can put in and how long a graphics card you can put in on the amazon page.
-The OCZ Vertex 4 is a fine SSD for a main system drive.
-Don't forget a CPU cooler. CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ (or EVO) are good value coolers.

Dec 15, 2012

Thank you for the recommendations. I will probably start from square one again. I will get the Extreme 4 and probably bump up my gfx card. Thanks a bunch!