Asis Chakraborty

Honorable
May 25, 2012
Hi friends,I am suffering from a horrible problem right now.My mobo is ASUS F1A 55 M LX PLUS and gpu is raedon 6670 1gb ddr5.I bought my machine 3 months ago.It was running perfectly,but from last week it is giving me $ beep codes(1 long & 3 short beeps),while restarting my PC or just turnbing it on just after shutdown.Monitor showing no signal.After half an hour PcC turns on but same problem occurs while restarting.Without GPU my PC acts fine.

The gpu acted same in another PC.I found the meaning of the beep code is GPU detecting error.But when I took my CPU to Kolkata from where I bought it,It worked fine.I restarted many times,bt it worked fine.But the same problem occurs me & my friends house.Our monitor is fine.So,what is the problem??Help me guys.

Maarsch

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2012
The gpu acted same in another PC.I found the meaning of the beep code is GPU detecting error.But when I took my CPU to Kolkata from where I bought it,It worked fine.I restarted many times,bt it worked fine.But the same problem occurs me & my friends house.Our monitor is fine.So,what is the problem??Help me guys.

Just to check, you meant GPU for the bold text right?

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

you should check your RAM......(badly seated RAM or bad RAM do interfere with Perfectly normal gpu)
it happens when ram is not seated well...detach your ram stick(all if more then one)..clean them off dust...clean ram slot also...seat them well and see if that help...also reset your gpu...and make sure that pci e power connector is connected well...and make sure if you have more then 1 RAM stick..then both of them must be of similar frequency....

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
The beep code you describe related to a badly seated card in the Pci-e slot. the other result of the beep code also may point to bad video memory.
Its most common for it to be the first solution, but if it is the second then its time to Rma the card.

Asis Chakraborty

Honorable
May 25, 2012

No,Maarsch I meant my total CPU..