What kind of performance can I expect from my new build?

ghman98

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
So, I've already ordered the parts for my first build, and I was just wondering how well the entire thing would work for gaming, multitasking, etc. I got most of the parts from a barebones kit from Tigerdirect. The specs follow:

AMD PHENOM II X6 1045T THUBAN 2.7GHZ AM3 CPU
MSI 760GM-P23 (FX) AMD Series Socket AM3 Motherboard
Kingston 8GB 1600MHz 10-10-10 DDR3 HyperX Red
Galaxy GeForce GTX 650 Ti GC 1 GB GDDR5 PCIe
Toshiba 1TB 7200rpm 3.5" SATA
ULTRA 700W PSU LIMITED EDITION - BLK

Thanks!

Ultra makes very bad PSUs it probably won't blow up though as its way more power than you need.

Phenom IIs aren't bad but they are old and the clock is low. I'd def want to get a cooler and overclock, except the board is very very low end and only supports 95W CPUs, so not really an option.

Toshiba desktop drives seem to get low reviews, but its probably fine

The 650Ti is a medium low end GPU. Not the best for 1080p, but will run some newer games at high, and do fine at lower resolutions. Wouldn't get a galaxy brand but Meh.

Its an all around decent midrange build, although the part quality id have definitely avoided, but they are exactly what you'd expect in a cheap bundle, the cheapest parts they can throw together, and it should work fine.

ghman98

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012

I was thinking about that. I think I'm just going to keep the one that comes with the kit for a month or so, until I have more money, then get something like a Corsair 600W

ghman98

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012

Well, honestly, I didn't have many options when purchasing these. It is my first build, though, and whenever I need to upgrade, I'll be sure to come back and ask for recommendations.