HELP PLEASE. Need advice with the Canon Rebel or the Nikon..

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
May 16, 2005 4:38:39 PM

Im not sure what camera is better.
I am drawn to both for each ones features.
I do however like the fact that then rebel is an SLR camera.
Hmmm what to do??
What do you think about the cameras & what is really a better camera.
I hear great things about both.

Does the Rebel have a dedicated flash or is it not dedicated?
Thanks
Ray

http://www.USENETHOST.com 100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 4:38:40 PM

I like my Canon 300D because it has a BUNCh of available lenses and
options for it. And it takes CF cards as well.

Yes, it has built in flash, but you control when it flashes, just as
in your other post. But I have an external flash as well that works
better.

Raymond
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 4:38:40 PM

Plus with Nikon, you're stuck with the lense that comes with it.

Raymond
May 16, 2005 8:58:22 PM

nik wrote:
> Im not sure what camera is better.
> I am drawn to both for each ones features.
> I do however like the fact that then rebel is an SLR camera.
> Hmmm what to do??

What do YOU want to do with your photography? What subjects? What taking
circumstances? I manage well without a DSLR camera (I used to own an SLR)
using the Nikon 8400 for wide-angle and the Panasonic FZ5 for extreme
telephoto. What is your main output medium - the screen or prints - and
if print, what size?

David
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 1:52:11 AM

nik wrote:

> Im not sure what camera is better.
> I am drawn to both for each ones features.
> I do however like the fact that then rebel is an SLR camera.
> Hmmm what to do??
> What do you think about the cameras & what is really a better camera.
> I hear great things about both.
>
> Does the Rebel have a dedicated flash or is it not dedicated?
> Thanks
> Ray

The DSLR will certainly be better. It will be bigger & more akward &
lead you into more manual settings and screwing up shots because you
forgot to check the settings too. And it will tempt you to spend your
money on fancy lenses. And you will be less likely to take it with you
and you will miss some opportunities and eventually spend even more
money on a pocket P&S to compensate.

The descision is yours.

--
Paul Furman