6490m any good?

:hello:

My laptop has a 6490m radeon graphics card. I'm thinking about getting a desktop on christmas. The problem is, I can't find any desktop graphics card that are comparing to the 6490m. What desktop graphics card is comparable so I know which other cards may be better?

I've been looking at the desktop radeon 7750 and 7850. Are those better than my laptops 6490m?

Thanks!!

-Victor
7 answers Last reply
More about 6490m good
  1. Pretty much any desktop graphics card is way better than the 6490m, even the hd 4000 integrated is likely better. the 7850 should be much much faster.
  2. :O?
  3. Heres how AMD graphics cards work.. The first number 5xxx,6xxx,7xxx, just tells you what generation they are and how new they are. the next 3 numbers are their performance, so your GPU for your laptop is SUPER low. so basically if your running a 6490, a 6550 would be better (just random numbers). look at 7770's and up if you wanna play games
  4. a good price for 7770's is around $100 if you can find em that cheap just to give you a little perspective
  5. but yea, any graphics card you get over $20 will be better than a 6490. If you dont even plan on gaming. You most likely wont even need a GPU because most motherboards and many CPU's have them built if your just going to use the desktop for everyday use.
  6. hmm i hope i get a few more opinions on this :P
  7. Yes. Pretty much anything is better.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Laptops Desktops Radeon Graphics