CD recording software

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I upgraded my windows millennium to windows XP 2 years
ago?? and I get the following message:
CD recording software has been disabled.
This driver migth have been installed by easy cd creator,
windows media player or real juke box.

The message also said that this software could make my
system unstable and it does.

How do I uninstall this driver which I believe is Roxio
and how do I get and install new software???

It is Roxio's software and you apparently have an incompatible version
installed on your system. Go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel and
remove the software. If you have Easy CD Creator 5, you shouldn't need to
uninstall, just download the latest patch from Roxio and install it,
www.roxio.com. That should resolve the issue. If you have a version
earlier than version 5, you'll need to purchase the latest version, now
called Easy Media Creator or some other such burning software that is
compatible with XP.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"BOB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I upgraded my windows millennium to windows XP 2 years
> ago?? and I get the following message:
> CD recording software has been disabled.
> This driver migth have been installed by easy cd creator,
> windows media player or real juke box.
>
> The message also said that this software could make my
> system unstable and it does.
>
> How do I uninstall this driver which I believe is Roxio
> and how do I get and install new software???

An oddity I observed with my Roxio Easy CD Creator
version 5 is that I had to install the earlier updates
before it would let me go to the latest 5.3.5. It seemed
to be one step at a time in Roxio's world.

Mike

That's correct. The Roxio updates are not cumulative. This is likely
because various versions of Easy CD Creator and now Easy Media Creator were
designed for specific versions of Windows and some updates and patches are
not required unless you have a specific drive or a specific version of
Windows.