Ever since i installed sp2 my modem driver has been
corrupted. It stays at a constant 28.8 kbpps no matter
what( even if i change the isp number) but when i roll
back to m old one it works fine but then when i restart y
computer it goes back to the new sp2 updated driver. Can
someone help me

Look for an updated driver at the modem manufacturer's website.
www.coribright.com