560 Ti --> 660, good or bottlenecking?

Drugoli

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
Introduction:
Hi, I'm thinking about upgrading my GPU, because an opportunity is arriving, where I can possibly do a switcharoo.
What I use my PC for most, is gaming. I love to play games like Battlefield 3 and the Arma 2: OA mod DayZ. I have some very recent benchmarks I did in Battlefield 3 and Batman: Arkham City:
Battlefield 3 single player (Ultra preset, 2 mins in Swordbreaker mission): 28,4 | 73,2 | 46,6 (min, max & avg)
Batman: Arkham City benchmark (Full AA, Dx11, extreme quality, normal PhysX): 10,2 | 63,4 | 40,4 (min, max, avg)
All of these test were run 5 times each, what you see is the average of those 5. Also, these are not my normal settings, I normally play at a lower one, to get higher FPS.

My current system:
MSI 770-C45
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE (OC'ed to 3,7GHz from standard 3,4GHz)
Gainward Reference GeForce GTX 560 Ti
2*Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3, CL7, 1600MHz
Corsair 550W power supply
Western Digital WDC WD5000AACS (Data and boot drive)
NZXT Beta
Samsung SyncMaster 2233 (1650x1080 at 120Hz)
Anything else needed, just ask :)

What I can potentially do/want to do:
Upgrade my GTX 560 Ti to a new GTX 660. (I do not know which model it's going to be) Would this upgrade give me a performance increase, or would it just end up being bottlenecked by other parts in my system, fx the CPU?

Where is this new GPU coming from you might ask? Well, my mother is getting a new very overkill PC for what she wants to do (their choice not mine) And I might have the opportunity to get the GPU which is going to be in her new system, trading it for my current one.

Drugoli

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

Sounds good, but the thing is. I don't really have a choice of what model, it's a pre-built PC, so it only states what type of card is inside, but not the specific manufacturer and model.
The PC though is supposed to be one built for silence and high performance, so a MSI might actually be what it is. I can only hope ^_^

TRENDING THREADS