IRONxH1DE

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
My Computer randomly stopped displaying video on my 2 Monitors following that it shutdown and tried to turn on by itself about 4 or 5 times but kept shutting down, not even lasting 5 seconds on. Finally it worked but kept crashing, I unplugged one monitor and it finally worked but I cant watch videos or play any games because my system blue screens with NVLDDMKM.sys or sometimes its says "Nvidia driver has stopped responding and recovered". But still cant do anything. I'm sure its the PSU but I hope it didn't damage my GPU as my other components seem to be fine.

Here are my specs:
CPU:Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3Ghz Unlocked LGA1155 CPU
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 560 1GB GDDR5 PCIe Dual DVI/HDMI
MB: ASUS P8H61-M LE CSM REV 3 Intel H61 LGA1155 MB
RAM: Kingston 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 CL9 HyperX Blu
PSU: Diablotek DA Series 600w ATX Power Supply
HDD: WD CAVIAR BLUE 750GB HD 7200/32MB/SATA-6G

Neither my GPU or CPU are overclocked.

Thanks

OhioLeda

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
Possible causes:
Check your voltage select switch on your PSU and BIOS settings.
Also make sure you have the latest service paks installed.

Set Nvidia settings as generic as possible and give it a run.
Set to single monitor.. Disable 3d rendering etc..
Turning each back on till one causes problem to reoccur.

Make sure fans all clean and working of course.. Not over heating.
:)

amorenn

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
Have you updated your nvidia drivers lately? If so, roll back to the one that worked previously. Also, I believe h61 boards had onboard video correct? Remove your GPU and test the system with onboard video.

Also, go into your bios and check that the voltages are correct, such as the 12v actually p;utting out 12 volts.

OhioLeda

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012

And what you said too... :D
Remove Video card and set BIOS to on board display. See if that gives you the same prob.
Actually, you do not even have to remove the card if set to Onboard in bios.

IRONxH1DE

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
My fans are working, rolled back drivers and also checked my voltage. I ran the onboard GPU and it works so far no problems going to keep testing and see. I really hope its not the GPU as I dont want to RMA it and wait for it to come back. I already ordered a OCZ PSU with 700 watts. I will check if it works when that arrives.

amorenn

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
I hope that works out for you Iron Hide, but I'd have suggested a different brand than OCZ, as their PSUs are known for lasting a year then failing suddenly, at least, every time I've dealt with them.