Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

XFX 6870 get trouble!

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 27, 2012 4:57:44 PM

I have XFX Double D HD 6870. I used for 2 months and everythings fine. But now it get trouble. For gaming it's very good. But everynight, when i shutdown my PC to go sleep, next day I turn on PC and it auto run with VGA onboard. I have to turn off my PC and take away electric from PSU, a few seconds I take back electric and everything is OK :(  What's happen to my VGA?

// Sorry for my poor Engligh :D 

More about : xfx 6870 trouble

a b U Graphics card
October 27, 2012 5:13:45 PM

Sounds more like a problem with your motherboard than the card. I had a motherboard that would not reliably start up with the video card and instead kept choosing the onboard VGA.

You might be able to fix it by turning off the onboard VGA in the BIOS. Not all motherboards will let you manually select your video card, but if it will it should solve your problem.
Score
0
October 28, 2012 11:07:33 AM

willard said:
Sounds more like a problem with your motherboard than the card. I had a motherboard that would not reliably start up with the video card and instead kept choosing the onboard VGA.

You might be able to fix it by turning off the onboard VGA in the BIOS. Not all motherboards will let you manually select your video card, but if it will it should solve your problem.


I tested with 2 VGA: MSI 6850 PE/OC and GTX 460 Hawk and my mainboard is OK. But my VGA tests with 2 mainboard evga x79 and MSI get the same trouble. That's why I believe my VGA get problem :( 
Score
0
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
October 28, 2012 2:17:11 PM

Ahh, yes, that does suggest that the VGA card has a defect. I would try to exchange it if it's still under warranty.
Score
0
October 28, 2012 2:36:45 PM

willard said:
Ahh, yes, that does suggest that the VGA card has a defect. I would try to exchange it if it's still under warranty.


Unluckily I don't know it's under warranty or not, because I buy this 2nd :D  And I don't know how to check warranty :( 
Score
0

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
October 28, 2012 3:06:44 PM

Usually warranties don't transfer when sold by the original owner. You may be able to get around this by just not saying anything.

You may be able to check if it's under warranty on the video card brand's website. You can probably email them with your card's serial number, which should be printed on the card somewhere, and explain your problems and see what they can do for you. They may be able to help you troubleshoot it and fix it, or they may tell you that they can replace it for you. You'll just have to ask and find out.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's much else I can do to help you.
Share
October 28, 2012 3:24:23 PM

Best answer selected by nqh2508.
Score
0
October 28, 2012 3:24:59 PM

willard said:
Usually warranties don't transfer when sold by the original owner. You may be able to get around this by just not saying anything.

You may be able to check if it's under warranty on the video card brand's website. You can probably email them with your card's serial number, which should be printed on the card somewhere, and explain your problems and see what they can do for you. They may be able to help you troubleshoot it and fix it, or they may tell you that they can replace it for you. You'll just have to ask and find out.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's much else I can do to help you.



Thanks :)  My bad day :( 
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
October 28, 2012 4:01:36 PM

Hope you get it fixed. I know how frustrating this stuff can be.
Score
0
!