  • Windows XP
Last response: in Brands
a b \ Driver
January 23, 2005 11:14:20 AM

Hi all,

Just purchased the nokia 5140 and have installed the driver with PC suite
(DKU-5) with CA-42 cable. (In XP)
seller have told me CA-42 is the replace cable for the old DKU-5.
I think the calble works, cause XP recognise the phone for installing the
driver and program.(can not install automaticly ,find no drivers)
When connecting the phone XP ask again for installing the drivers (XP finds
nothing !!!)
have downloaded the latest software and drivers on nokia website ???!!!!????

HELP PLEASE

can I still install manually ?

are there better drivers and program ?????

Thanks

Johan

More about : suite dku

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
January 23, 2005 3:31:36 PM

Cable driver FIRST then inset cable USB in PC (no phone connected to cable)
restart, PC sees cable for 1'st time carries on installing itself. If you
put the suite in before the cable is fully installed it won't ever work.
Uninstall and start again.

Don't forget, its the serial cable (DKA-5,CA-42) setting
and NOT the USB cable (DKU-2) on the connection manager check box that
needs clicking.
(took me hours that one)
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
January 26, 2005 4:57:52 PM

"Johan" <son.of.zoic@pandora.be> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Just purchased the nokia 5140 and have installed the driver with PC suite
> (DKU-5) with CA-42 cable. (In XP)
> seller have told me CA-42 is the replace cable for the old DKU-5.
> I think the calble works, cause XP recognise the phone for installing the
> driver and program.(can not install automaticly ,find no drivers)
> When connecting the phone XP ask again for installing the drivers (XP
> finds nothing !!!)
> have downloaded the latest software and drivers on nokia website
> ???!!!!????
>
> HELP PLEASE
>
> can I still install manually ?
>
> are there better drivers and program ?????
>
> Thanks
>
> Johan

I just bought the CA-42 for my 5140... I downloaded the drivers for the
cable, don't know if it was the same as for dku-5, and uninstalled the old
ones (dku-5 drivers) rebooted and installed the new ones. I connected the
cable and phone, started pc suite and chose serial cable, and there was an
option that said "CA-42 USB(COM4)" I selected that one, and everything works
fine...

Hope it might be helpful if you haven't solved the problem already... good
luck

//Fishstick
!