Status
Not open for further replies.

hiteshlastm

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
:hello: Hello Fellas,
I'm new to this forum, my problem is regarding my MSI Hawk 560 ti ie Twin frozer III, I bought it from one of my friend's and is still in 6 months warranty.
There are few problems but first i'll tell the serious one.........

While i was installing the Card, i applied too much force toward the hard drive crushing some part of PCB of the card.( My Cabby is small :fou: )
I then noticed that something fell out from the PCB, the component is unknown to me and there is something " 470 13E2A e" written on it .
the picture is

http://postimage.org/image/ofh6p09pf
ofh6p09pf

I Noticed that several components of the same name was present on the PCB......anyways i tried graphic card on the system and then guess what the graphics card was working well with no issues at all, i was hell surprised.
one thing i noticed that i can't overclock it at all, and the temp is like 85 C case open and 95 case close on Unigen Benchmarks and BF3 ( I have a bad case )
Is 85 High , is this happening because of that component tear off ?
My Ques is what this component do and will it effect my card on the long run, or the high temperature is a complete different story. :heink:
Should i RMA it, one more thing The RMA is going to take about 25 days in my country and they are telling me that they will either replace or repair the card and moreover should i tell them that i teared up the component, will they void warranty or just tell them to RMA it on the factor of high temp ?

Apology for my English
Thanks

Solution
That looks like a diode that was part of the Voltage Regulaor Controller, which is prolly why you can't overclock it.
The overheating is a different story unless the VRC is feeding too much power to the GPU.
Either way, don't use it anymore, send it to get RMA'd, don't tell them what happened, play dumb and say "I don't know what happened"
gg
the end

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
That looks like a diode that was part of the Voltage Regulaor Controller, which is prolly why you can't overclock it.
The overheating is a different story unless the VRC is feeding too much power to the GPU.
Either way, don't use it anymore, send it to get RMA'd, don't tell them what happened, play dumb and say "I don't know what happened"
gg
the end

Solution

hiteshlastm

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012

Thanks for replying

The 85 C is on full load with case open on Unigine benchmark and same on playing 1 hour Ultra BF3....with GPU fan on 90-100 %

With case close ie with no air flow temp reach 92-95 C and this is not the problem as
Case is from local cheap manufacturer

Do you have any idea about that PCB component ?

hiteshlastm

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012

Thanks for the reply

What should i say them to get my card RMA'd ....the card is working alright except i can't overclock it to + 20-30 MHz ....
and on MSI afterburner V 2.2.4 all i can set on core voltage is : + 0 ( Default), +6 , +12

i can't set it to + 1 or + 2 or numbers in between them....is that normal with afterburner ?

Status
Not open for further replies.