Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

SLI Problem (560 ti w/ 448 EVGA)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 27, 2012 7:05:03 PM

Hello forum,

I am having issues with my SLI set up. I have this card ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... ) and am seeing issues exactly the same as this guy ( http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/367391-33-560ti-flick... ).

In any game I play the screen flickers constantly.

He never seems to have fixed his issue. I have tried, using each card in both slots individually, using both cards together in both slots, reinstalling drivers completely (using the guide linked to in the previously mentioned thread), and using a different SLI bridge.

Here are my system specs:

GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

2x EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 448 Cores FTW
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Rosewill LIGHTNING 1000W Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Intel Core i7-2700K
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB Memory
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Corsair Force Series 3 60GB SSD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

2x Western Digital 320GB Internal Hard Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Thank you.

More about : sli problem 560 448 evga

a c 565 U Graphics card
October 27, 2012 9:19:13 PM

Which SLI mode are you using?

• Auto
• Split Frame Rendering (SFR)
• Alternate Frame Rendering (AFR)
• Alternate Frame Rendering 2 (AFR2)

I've seen Split Frame Rendering (SFR) mode do that at one time when I was running an SLI setup.

Try AFR or AFR2 to see if it makes any difference.
m
0
l
a c 565 U Graphics card
October 27, 2012 9:24:27 PM

When the cards are installed in the PCIEX16 and PCIEX8 slots what does GPU-Z report for the Bus Interface when the graphics cards are put under load?
m
0
l
Related resources
October 28, 2012 12:55:21 AM

ko888 said:
Which SLI mode are you using?

• Auto
• Split Frame Rendering (SFR)
• Alternate Frame Rendering (AFR)
• Alternate Frame Rendering 2 (AFR2)

I've seen Split Frame Rendering (SFR) mode do that at one time when I was running an SLI setup.

Try AFR or AFR2 to see if it makes any difference.



I am using the default nvidia control panel thingy... How would I change this?
m
0
l
October 28, 2012 12:56:33 AM

ko888 said:
When the cards are installed in the PCIEX16 and PCIEX8 slots what does GPU-Z report for the Bus Interface when the graphics cards are put under load?


I have used this but only when they are not under load. What would you recommend for testing in in that way? Just run any game for a few mins with GPU-Z running?
m
0
l
a c 565 U Graphics card
October 28, 2012 5:10:16 PM

Serpent10i said:
I am using the default nvidia control panel thingy... How would I change this?

1. From the NVIDIA Control Panel tool bar, switch to Advanced View and then click Manage 3D Settings from the Select a Task pane.

2. Click the Global Settings tab, and then click the Global presets list arrow and select Base profile.

3. Under the Settings Feature column, locate SLI performance mode, click its setting to activate the list box, then click NVIDIA Recommended or AFR 1 or AFR 2 or SFR.

4. Click Apply.
m
0
l
a c 565 U Graphics card
October 28, 2012 5:17:04 PM

Serpent10i said:
I have used this but only when they are not under load. What would you recommend for testing in in that way? Just run any game for a few mins with GPU-Z running?

On the right-hand side of the Bus Interface display field there is a ? symbol, that you can click on, that will pop up a Render Test window. Click on the Start Render Test command button to put the selected graphics card under load and watch to see if the Bus Interface display field changes.

Do the above for both graphics cards (i.e. select each graphics card in the drop down list box at the bottom left corner of GPU-Z).
m
0
l
October 28, 2012 5:43:38 PM

ko888 said:
1. From the NVIDIA Control Panel tool bar, switch to Advanced View and then click Manage 3D Settings from the Select a Task pane.

2. Click the Global Settings tab, and then click the Global presets list arrow and select Base profile.

3. Under the Settings Feature column, locate SLI performance mode, click its setting to activate the list box, then click NVIDIA Recommended or AFR 1 or AFR 2 or SFR.

4. Click Apply.



Ok when trying each setting the only one that worked was single GPU and Im pretty sure that means its not using the SLI...
m
0
l
October 28, 2012 5:54:03 PM

ko888 said:
On the right-hand side of the Bus Interface display field there is a ? symbol, that you can click on, that will pop up a Render Test window. Click on the Start Render Test command button to put the selected graphics card under load and watch to see if the Bus Interface display field changes.

Do the above for both graphics cards (i.e. select each graphics card in the drop down list box at the bottom left corner of GPU-Z).



Yes I do see the second card change from

"PCI-E 2.0 x16 @x8 2.0"

to

PCI-E 1.1 x16 @x8 1.1"

after a few seconds
m
0
l
November 1, 2012 11:22:35 PM

What does that mean?
m
0
l
a c 565 U Graphics card
November 2, 2012 12:30:36 AM

When the computer and graphics card is idling the bus interface field should be displaying PCI-E 1.1 x16 @ x8 1.1 (i.e. it may take several seconds before it drops to this mode).

Once the graphics card has been placed under any graphics processing load (i.e. sometimes it only takes an animated smiley being displayed) it should switch to PCI-E 2.0 x16 @ x8 2.0. Once the animated smiley is scrolled so that it's not visible anymore the bus interface should drop back down to PCI-E 1.1 x16 @ x8 1.1. This is completely normal behavior.

Serpent10i said:
Ok when trying each setting the only one that worked was single GPU and Im pretty sure that means its not using the SLI...
You're correct. Only one graphics card is being used.

At this point I don't have any suggestions to get the second card working because I don't have an SLI rig to work with anymore.
m
0
l
November 2, 2012 2:37:45 AM

Ok well thanks for the ideas... Any recomendations on where to look for more help?
m
0
l
!