Sign in with
Your question

N68C-GS FX intermittent Video Issue

Last response: in Systems
December 15, 2012 11:14:24 PM

Hello.. New to this forum...

I just received a new home built bare bones Win7 Ultimate 64bit system for a Xmas present for my Nephew from an ebay (100% rated seller) purchase and am having some probs I thought somebody might be familiar with.

Other than the fact it is a cheep M/B that is..

Sometime when restarting the video will not engage in-other-words, kick the monitor on, right @power on.
It has a Nvidia PCI-Exress 9800GT and I made sure it is set to PCI-express in the BIOS.

After repeated attempts the video will sometimes work fine. RESTART and nothing...

So, I took out the PCI-Express video HDMI and finally got it back up using the onboard VGA (testing).
Same thing.. It is hit or miss even minus the PCI-express Video card. So, hmm, I thought! It can't be the PCI-Express video card.

I checked for an updated BIOS thinking there might be a fix and apparently it has the latest one already.
It's like a solenoid in your car not engaging the PCI-Express slot or something.

This happens as soon as it is turned on.. No flash BIOS screen nothing.

The first time it was shipped to me the case was damaged in transit and I sent it back.. The seller swap the guts in a new case and sent it back. Maybe it was beat up worse than we thought and the M/B traces may have acquired a crack?

I knew I should have stuck with ASUS.
Not being rich (Thanks BHO @#@^$#&)... I just did not wanna spend that much for a starter gamer PC on my young Nephew.

It has a 3yr warranty.

Any ideas other than shipping it back that I have not tried?

Thanks in advance!
Leda
:o 

Motherboard N68C-GS FX
GPU Nvidia 9800GT

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name ******-PC
System Manufacturer To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P1.30, 7/4/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name Not Available
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.98 GB
Available Physical Memory 6.57 GB