Listen with your ears not your eyes.

G

Heres some thoughts for all u ppl out there..
Something feels a bit wrong when the ppl here on "Toms hardware guide" recomends us which soundcard to buy because they are clearly not the right ppl for this.
Whenever you test an audioproduct, if it's an amp, a signal cable, a soundcard or whatever you alwyas make your final jugement on what you hear with your own ears.
The bigest joke Iv come across in a long time is a soundcard test on this site. They through a a various range of soundcards outputed the audiosignals from a few games to a pair of pc speakers and together with some simple tests made thier jugement. Does the guys resposible know what a correctly reproduced audiosignal sounds like? I seriously doubt it! And another test where they tested the new creative card only using software. No measurment hardware was used what so ever.
I have one tip for all you guys out there, listen with your ears not your eyes.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Well, I bought the SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 a few months ago and I returned it within 3 or 4 days in exchange for a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. I was experiencing popping and cracking with the SB Live! all the time. With the Santa Cruz, unstable sound is a thing of the past.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

G

If you are after the best possible soundreproduction forget creative and various gamecards. Instaid take a peek at studio sound cards from Terratech, M audio and others. Dio 2448 from M audio is in my opinion the best choice if you have less then 100$ to spend. It's a 24bits card with DA and AD convertern of suprisingly high quality.
If you are looking for a pure gamesoundcard with 3D soundprocessing and acceleration, in that case take a look at Turtle beach Santa Cruz or VideoLogic Sonic Fury as its called in europe(If you'r using an external DA, Turtle Beach Montego 2 quadzilla (Santa cruz also have a digital output but not of the same quality)).

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
that's right

the unique manner to appreciate a sound is to ear it

but Toms give some advices for some products & after what, you try if they were pleasing for your ouwn ears

EasyInfo :cool:
I would like to Invest for my PC !!
ok, buy nothing.

G

Well, the M audio DIO 2448 i mentioned earlier is actually mainly used in studios for monitoring or making digital coppys to dats and minidiscs. I saw a test not so long ago where they tested the diff cards acceleration abilities, and it turned out that it actually counts for a very small part (something like 70fps with and 73 without acceleration). In other words, accelerated soundcards doesent do that much for the fps after all.
But if u want the best possible soundquality from a "game soundcard" you should get a turtle beach or the new card from philips (according to various tests).
If you ask me or any audiophile out there we'll all tell you the same thing, keep away from creative.