Am I getting ripped off !!!!

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt (More info?)

I have recently renewed my acct with Rogers and got a 2 year plan with
the V551 for $150 after rebate. Lately I heard of someone being
offered the same plan for $99. Has anyone else been offered this. I
wrote Rogers and they say that no such offer exists.

Thanks

Sarge®
Member IPL, VAC, RCAA
PGP Key 0x59DDC455

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt (More info?)

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 17:56:36 -0400, "Reemal" <reemal__A_T__rogers.com>
yelling "The Guns, The Guns, Thank God the Guns" stated;
>$99 on 3 year contract

Yes, I saw that option. But I'm talking about the 2 year contract. He
said he was offered this from Rogers on the 2 year contract after
initially refusing to renew.

Sarge®
Member IPL, VAC, RCAA
PGP Key 0x59DDC455

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt (More info?)

$129 after rebate for 3 year extension....

~echo4lima

In message <eaf351dkan1ak54ufss0drk9a7vb3hklj5@4ax.com> Sarge®
<sarge@dontbother.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 17:56:36 -0400, "Reemal" <reemal__A_T__rogers.com>
>yelling "The Guns, The Guns, Thank God the Guns" stated;
>>$99 on 3 year contract
>
>Yes, I saw that option. But I'm talking about the 2 year contract. He
>said he was offered this from Rogers on the 2 year contract after
>initially refusing to renew.

It's quite possible, especially if his account is a high profit account.

If you're not a high profit account you'll likely not receive as upgrade
offers which are quite as competitive. Most cellcos have worked out
exactly what each customer is worth to the company and this factors
heavily into the amount of hardware and/or programming discounts they'll
give you.

Note that this does not directly relate to your monthly bill. A
customer who is paying $30/month and only using 5 minutes a month is
probably worth more then a customer who is paying $100/month and using
every single minute in their plan (and not one minute more)

Customers who call customer service more often will be rated lower then
customers who rarely/never call.

Customers who call and request refunds (justified or not) will be rated
lower then customers who complain a lot but don't get refunds.

Customers who pay via preauthorized payment are more valuable then
customers who snailmail a cheque and occasionally miss payments or
bounce cheques.

Each metric will translate into a score (either rated in dollars or into
a point system), then your value will be totaled.

--
HAM AND EGGS: A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt (More info?)

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 21:59:49 -0700, "echo4lima" <echo4lima@yahoo.ca>
yelling "The Guns, The Guns, Thank God the Guns" stated;
>$129 after rebate for 3 year extension....
>
>~echo4lima
>

>"Sarge®" <sarge@dontbother.com> wrote in message
>>I have recently renewed my acct with Rogers and got a 2 year plan with
>> the V551 for $150 after rebate. Lately I heard of someone being
>> offered the same plan for $99. Has anyone else been offered this. I
>> wrote Rogers and they say that no such offer exists.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Sarge®
>> Member IPL, VAC, RCAA
>> PGP Key 0x59DDC455

Thanks, are you a Chimo ?? <g> (reading your sig)

Sarge®
Member IPL, VAC, RCAA
PGP Key 0x59DDC455

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt (More info?)

Chimo???

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 19:50:08 -0700, "echo4lima" <echo4lima@yahoo.ca>
yelling "The Guns, The Guns, Thank God the Guns" stated;
>Chimo???
>

>"Sarge®" <sarge@dontbother.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 21:59:49 -0700, "echo4lima" <echo4lima@yahoo.ca>
>> yelling "The Guns, The Guns, Thank God the Guns" stated;
>>>$129 after rebate for 3 year extension....
>>>
>>>~echo4lima
>>>

>>>"Sarge®" <sarge@dontbother.com> wrote in message

>> Thanks, are you a Chimo ?? <g> (reading your sig)
>>
>> Sarge®
>> Member IPL, VAC, RCAA
>> PGP Key 0x59DDC455

E4L is an engineer call sign in the military

Sarge®
Member IPL, VAC, RCAA
PGP Key 0x59DDC455

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt (More info?)

E-4 Paygrade/Rank USMC
L - First inint of last name

Together radio callsign for me

USMC, 1988-1996

Take it your EOD??

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 08:38:37 -0700, "echo4lima" <echo4lima@yahoo.ca>
yelling "The Guns, The Guns, Thank God the Guns" stated;
>E-4 Paygrade/Rank USMC
>L - First inint of last name
>
>Together radio callsign for me
>
>USMC, 1988-1996
>
>Take it your EOD??
>

>"Sarge®" <sarge@dontbother.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 19:50:08 -0700, "echo4lima" <echo4lima@yahoo.ca>
>> yelling "The Guns, The Guns, Thank God the Guns" stated;
>>>Chimo???
>>>

>>>"Sarge®" <sarge@dontbother.com> wrote in message

>> E4L is an engineer call sign in the military
>>
>> Sarge®
>> Member IPL, VAC, RCAA
>> PGP Key 0x59DDC455

Nope, Canadian Artillery, but close some would say <g>.

Sarge®
Member IPL, VAC, RCAA
PGP Key 0x59DDC455

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt (More info?)

Ahhhh Canon Cocker....Reg or Res?

I was Mech Recon (LAVs) and Reg Recon Bn 1988-1996

> On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 08:38:37 -0700, "echo4lima" <echo4lima@yahoo.ca>
> yelling "The Guns, The Guns, Thank God the Guns" stated;
>>E-4 Paygrade/Rank USMC
>>L - First inint of last name
>>
>>Together radio callsign for me
>>
>>USMC, 1988-1996
>>
>>Take it your EOD??
>>

>>"Sarge®" <sarge@dontbother.com> wrote in message
>>> On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 19:50:08 -0700, "echo4lima" <echo4lima@yahoo.ca>
>>> yelling "The Guns, The Guns, Thank God the Guns" stated;

>>> E4L is an engineer call sign in the military
>>>
>>> Sarge®
>>> Member IPL, VAC, RCAA
>>> PGP Key 0x59DDC455
>>

> Nope, Canadian Artillery, but close some would say <g>.
>
> Sarge®
> Member IPL, VAC, RCAA
> PGP Key 0x59DDC455

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt (More info?)

Reg, so far I been Recce (TLAV), FOO (LAV) and Det Comd (C1, C3, LG1,
M109) 1987-?

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:11:52 -0700, "echo4lima" <echo4lima@yahoo.ca>

Sarge®
Member IPL, VAC, RCAA