Viewsonic VX900-2 driver won't install

Windows update tells me that the device (my Viewsonic
monitor) does not appear to have a driver installed, and
offers an update to install the driver. When I run the
update, the driver fails to install. This hasn't been a
priority because my monitor seems to work OK, but I
wonder what I'm missing.

The dialog windos says "Updates were unable to be
successfully installed", and the box indicates Viewsonic
Corporation Viewsonic VX900-2

Ken
4 answers Last reply
More about viewsonic vx900 driver install

    Are your graphics card drivers up to date.... download and install them from
    the graphic card manufacturer's website.
    www.coribright.com

    "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Windows update tells me that the device (my Viewsonic
    > monitor) does not appear to have a driver installed, and
    > offers an update to install the driver. When I run the
    > update, the driver fails to install. This hasn't been a
    > priority because my monitor seems to work OK, but I
    > wonder what I'm missing.
    >
    > The dialog windos says "Updates were unable to be
    > successfully installed", and the box indicates Viewsonic
    > Corporation Viewsonic VX900-2
    >
    > Ken
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    To make sure, I uninstalled the graphics drivers and
    installed the most current (9/04) drivers from ATI.
    Still no luck, however I noticed on the Windows update
    site that the file size was 0 Kb, and the download time
    was 0 minutes.
    Since my Viewsonic monitor seems to be working OK, I
    guess I'll just continue to ignore this update. BTW, the
    update logt shows the error code 80070005. I followed
    the troubleshooter advice, but no luck there, either.

    Ken

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    If you want the specific driven for your monitor, they're at
    www.viewsonic.com
    www.coribright.com

    > To make sure, I uninstalled the graphics drivers and
    > installed the most current (9/04) drivers from ATI.
    > Still no luck, however I noticed on the Windows update
    > site that the file size was 0 Kb, and the download time
    > was 0 minutes.
    > Since my Viewsonic monitor seems to be working OK, I
    > guess I'll just continue to ignore this update. BTW, the
    > update logt shows the error code 80070005. I followed
    > the troubleshooter advice, but no luck there, either.
    >
    > Ken

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:099201c49839$58a34770$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    > Windows update tells me that the device (my Viewsonic
    > monitor) does not appear to have a driver installed, and
    > offers an update to install the driver. When I run the
    > update, the driver fails to install. This hasn't been a
    > priority because my monitor seems to work OK, but I
    > wonder what I'm missing.
    >
    > The dialog windos says "Updates were unable to be
    > successfully installed", and the box indicates Viewsonic
    > Corporation Viewsonic VX900-2

    Enable setupapi logging and check the log file as explained in the KB (search for setupapi log).
    Also check the eventlog.

    --PA

Drivers Viewsonic Windows Update Monitors Device Driver Windows XP