Sign in with
Your question

Best video card under $350

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 28, 2012 12:23:21 AM

Just bought new cpu+mobo+ram combo.

CPU: i5 3570k
RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) PAtriot Viper DDR3 1600

I'm looking for a video card that will give me smooth performances in these following games at high settings + 1920x1080.

League of Legends
Counter Strike Global Offensive
Batman
DIablo 3

I also need a video card that supports 3 monitors with minimal issues. I will not be gaming on 3 monitors. I use 1 for gaming but for web browsing/youtubing, I need 3 monitors.

Instead of asking for recommendations, I have done some research and would like you guys to pick a winner out of the 2 cards.
If you'd still like to recommend a cheaper card please feel free to still do so. If you think a less expensive card will do what I want it to do then yes, please don't hold anything back!!!!!

EVGA GTX 680 2gb http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
vs.
EVGA GTX 670 4gb http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

winner is: ?

Sapphire 7970 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
vs
Sapphire 7970 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I have a question about these 7970s. They look the same to me. Why does 1 cost so much more than the other?

Now take the winner of the GTX battle and compare it to the 7970 and tell me which one wins.

Thank you guys for taking the time to read this thread.

More about : video card 350

October 28, 2012 12:25:20 AM

Oh I forgot to ask. Will I have bottleneck issues running any of these cards?
m
l
a c 106 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
October 28, 2012 12:30:17 AM

no you wont bottle neck. as for the AMD card question. one is sapphires overclock model with dual-x fans. the vapor-x model is sapphires signature cooler(uses a liquid cooling chamber with the heatsink as well) for lower temperatures. the reason why there is a price gap is that, and the fact that the normal sapphire card is on sale at the moment. which makes it the best bang for the buck at the current moment.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
October 28, 2012 12:38:23 AM

I personally have a Sapphire HD 7950 and it has been great. For me Sapphire has been the best for AMD cards over the years. I have the SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 850/950(Boost State) MHz and it is just amazing and the best GPU I have ever had over the years.
m
l
October 28, 2012 1:12:26 AM

dudewitbow said:
no you wont bottle neck. as for the AMD card question. one is sapphires overclock model with dual-x fans. the vapor-x model is sapphires signature cooler(uses a liquid cooling chamber with the heatsink as well) for lower temperatures. the reason why there is a price gap is that, and the fact that the normal sapphire card is on sale at the moment. which makes it the best bang for the buck at the current moment.

when you say it has a liquid cooling chamber, does it mean that I have to build a liquid cooling setup?
m
l
a c 106 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
October 28, 2012 1:23:36 AM

sunhashin said:
when you say it has a liquid cooling chamber, does it mean that I have to build a liquid cooling setup?

its not the same kind of liquid as in like liquid cpu coolers. its a sapphire innovation. This page explains it a bit. Outside of gpus, sapphire has not applied it anywhere else except in 2 occasions, the application on the cooling chamber on the Coolermaster TP-812, not directly sapphire, and a Sapphire vapor-x cpu cooler, which was co-developed with coolermaster
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 28, 2012 1:24:46 AM

sunhashin said:

No you dont have to do anything different.

As for your topic, I also believe that the Sapphiire 7970 (not the Vapor-X version) is the best choice among the four.
m
l
October 28, 2012 2:44:41 AM

XXStavrosXX said:
No you dont have to do anything different.

As for your topic, I also believe that the Sapphiire 7970 (not the Vapor-X version) is the best choice among the four.

Will I notice a difference in performance from the cheap 7970 vs the expensive one?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
October 28, 2012 2:59:02 AM

I'm an AMD fanboy at the moment, but I have to recommend Nvidia in this case. The only game you mentioned that is graphically intensive at all is Batman, and that runs better on Nvidia. So I'd say snag a GTX 670 and call it good. And the 2GB version should be good for you, don't see any reason to go 4GB.
m
l
a c 106 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
October 28, 2012 3:00:07 AM

sunhashin said:
Will I notice a difference in performance from the cheap 7970 vs the expensive one?

the performance will be the same, the vapor will just run cooler by a bit.
m
l
October 28, 2012 3:18:07 AM

cuecuemore said:
I'm an AMD fanboy at the moment, but I have to recommend Nvidia in this case. The only game you mentioned that is graphically intensive at all is Batman, and that runs better on Nvidia. So I'd say snag a GTX 670 and call it good. And the 2GB version should be good for you, don't see any reason to go 4GB.

Someone told me to get 4gb for triple monitor setup. Do you think just 2 gb is just as good?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
October 28, 2012 7:11:54 AM

If you're not gaming on three monitors, just the one, then 2GB is fine. For lightweight desktop usage and video you don't need VRAM, or memory bandwidth, or core processing power. Just video outputs really.
m
l
October 28, 2012 6:26:31 PM

Would I have bottleneck issues wtih my i5 3570k if I were to get a gtx 670 now and then upgrade to a 2nd gtx 670 for SLi mode in the future?
m
l
a c 106 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
October 28, 2012 6:29:03 PM

sunhashin said:
Would I have bottleneck issues wtih my i5 3570k if I were to get a gtx 670 now and then upgrade to a 2nd gtx 670 for SLi mode in the future?

No
m
l
!