Comments/suggestion on my first build?

Hi, I am trying to build my very first desktop. Don't know anything about all of those different brands out there, but I went and did a lot of researches. This is what I came up with:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sIDs

Overclocking: Yes
SLI or Crossfire: No
System Usage: school work, games.
Budget around $800 - 900 if it's possible...
Location: New York, US.
Dual Monitors with1920 x 1080 resolution.

I want to know if the ventilation is ok? Can I keep the system cool?
Is 600watts too much? (with the wattage calculator I got around 400).
edit:
I read so many people suggesting "ASRock extreme 4 mobo", do I need better one for i7-3770k?

Thanks
7 answers Last reply
More about comments suggestion build
  1. Air cooling might limit how far you can overclock it, your mobo should be fine with this setup.
  2. If this is a gaming build, ditch the i7. What are you building for?
  3. Deemo13 said:
    If this is a gaming build, ditch the i7. What are you building for?


    It's little bit of games, and mostly work build. I want to this to last at least 2 or 3 years or so.
    Is there a better way to build around it?
    Is there any other parts that might be worth it if I change it?

    I wanted to build around the i7-3770k, if it's possible...


    Anonymous said:
    Air cooling might limit how far you can overclock it, your mobo should be fine with this setup.

    will it be fine If I am planning to overclock it to 4.3 - 4.5 or so?
    I hope it will stable enough to run at least 6 - 7 hours of gaming none stop.
    If there will be problems, what kind of cooling will I need?

    I just read somewhere that someone said Nvidia card can't run dual monitors without SLI T_T. Some said you could do it. I need confirmation...
  4. Nvidia cards can run dual monitors without SLI. Not 3 if I can remember.

    What kind of work? If its like rendering and what not, there is a need for the Hyperthreading of the i7, but if you are just doing like excel and whatever, there is going to be no benefit of the i7.

    You will need a good air cooler. Something like the Noctua NH-D14 would do the job fine.
  5. Deemo13 said:
    Nvidia cards can run dual monitors without SLI. Not 3 if I can remember.

    What kind of work? If its like rendering and what not, there is a need for the Hyperthreading of the i7, but if you are just doing like excel and whatever, there is going to be no benefit of the i7.

    You will need a good air cooler. Something like the Noctua NH-D14 would do the job fine.


    Yes, works like 3d modeling rendering, softwares like blender, and maya. Some programming also.
    Is my power supply, 600watts enough for overclocking, and these coolers?

    What's the different between "Heat Pipe direct contact" and "Continuous direct contact" on the heatsink?
    Tried google, but no luck...
  6. 600W is plenty, but I would go for a different model or brand. The Corsair TX is nice, as well as most of anything that Antec and Seasonic sells.

    And I have no idea what the difference between the heatsinks is. I just know the NH-D14 cools better than the 212.

    The i7 will benefit you then.

    I have also just noticed that you have the 650Ti. I would seriously consider spending a couple more bucks on a Radeon HD7850.
  7. Deemo13 said:
    600W is plenty, but I would go for a different model or brand. The Corsair TX is nice, as well as most of anything that Antec and Seasonic sells.

    And I have no idea what the difference between the heatsinks is. I just know the NH-D14 cools better than the 212.

    The i7 will benefit you then.

    I have also just noticed that you have the 650Ti. I would seriously consider spending a couple more bucks on a Radeon HD7850.


    Thank you!!!
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems