Need help on new build decision- Asus P8Z77-I or AsRock Z77E-ITX ?

setitheyeti

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
I'm currently 1 motherboard away from a new build, aimed at allowing me to do 3 things-
1. gaming/general software use
2. Home Theater PC (To be primarily connected to a 49" LCD TV)
3. To act as a file server to leave on 24/7 to either stream the media on my hard drives over the local wifi network for playing on multiple computers/on the tv
4(?). Something I was hoping to do but am not sure if possible is to ideally somehow serve the media via a protected web interface that I could log in from anywhere and stream local media files using a gigabit ethernet connection to my fios to serve.

This is my current build is (I bought everything except the motherboard, just have that in as a placeholder for my current price-
Power Supply- Antec Earthwatts EA-650 Green ($34)
Liquid Cooler- Corsair H60 CWCH60 ($40)
Thermal Paste- Arctic MX2 ($0)
SSD- Intel 330 180GB ($95)
CPU- Intel i5-3570k ($185)
Case- Fractal Design Node 304 ($95)
Graphics Card- Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB ($180)
Hard Drive- WD Red 3TB- ($163)
Hard Drive- WD Red 3TB- ($163)
RAM Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8CAS 1600 (77)
Motherboard- AS Rock Z77E-ITX ($163)
Totals- $1,195

For my purposes, is there any compelling reason to get the Asrock over the Asus outside of money? I have a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, so I would have to buy a bluetooth dongle for the asrock one anyway right? Which would be an extra 10-20 bucks. And at that point it's only around 5 bucks less than the Asus. And the Asrock also doesn't have the DLNA features of the Asus (If you're not using a smart tv feature though and just connecting it direct to the tv to play it out of, does this matter? For wireless media to other devices could I just use plex with it anyway, so it imports it to it's movie manager?).

Thanks for the help.