Building new gaming PC HELP!

Hey im new to all this, but i was just seeing your guys opinions on what processor i should get to go with this video card:

http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentview.asp?partid=17304

Dont mind if AMD or Intel, but probably prefer Intel ;D

Wanting to be able to run games at 1080p ultra settings like battlefield 3, crysis 2 and maybe hoping to get ultra for the upcoming crysis 3! is this the right card for the job? :s If this isnt the right card for the job, what would go well?

Also wanting to keep cost down if possible.. so cant go all out on it!

Thanks!!
14 answers Last reply
More about building gaming help
  1. how much is the MOST that you are willing to spend on the cpu and do you already have a motherboard chosen out
  2. Dont have anything chosen out for sure yet, willing to spend round 1500 usd on the pc build, excluding moniter, keyboard etc.. is it possible? if so, what parts?
  3. Need to know what country you live in

Are you willing to build your own? Or pre-built?
  4. Im from New Zealand, what is cheaper? pre build or own one? Ill do what ever is cheapest :D
  5. jsrich said:
    Im from New Zealand, what is cheaper? pre build or own one? Ill do what ever is cheapest :D

Building one is WAY cheaper, and you will get the best bang for your buck.

I'm unsure of any websites you can buy from that will ship to your country, as I used newegg, but let me try.

How much can you spend? Budget?
  6. an intel G870 would be a great cheap cpu for $70 to run that gtx660 non ti.
  7. lchrisk said:
    Building one is WAY cheaper, and you will get the best bang for your buck.

I'm unsure of any websites you can buy from that will ship to your country, as I used newegg, but let me try.

How much can you spend? Budget?

Have fun
  8. my budget is like 1500 usd.. whats have fun mean?
  9. jsrich said:
    my budget is like 1500 usd.. whats have fun mean?

was for the guy i quoted. he needed a few shops in NZ that sold parts. NZ technically has a version inside pcpartpicker, so that will get him somewhere.
  10. dudewitbow said:
    was for the guy i quoted. he needed a few shops in NZ that sold parts. NZ technically has a version inside pcpartpicker, so that will get him somewhere.

might need some help though. pcpartpicker picks the brand automatically. :/
  11. is pcpartpicker for NZ too ?
  12. Yes, you can select a country at the top right corner.
  13. Something like this would be your best bet:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($316.00 @ Computer Lounge)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($56.35 @ PB Technologies)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($199.00 @ Computer Lounge)
    Memory: Kingston Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.49 @ Aquila Technology)
    Storage: Intel 330 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($136.84 @ PB Technologies)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($109.00 @ Computer Lounge)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card ($396.75 @ PB Technologies)
    Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($102.48 @ Ascent Technology)
    Power Supply: FSP Group 600W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($129.00 @ PC Force)
    Total: $1514.91
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

I know the power supply seems excessive, but really, it's just $10 more expensive than the cheapest Corsair unit.
  14. Thanks man! :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics