GTX Graphics Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

olijng7

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012
Hi guys,

So, I have a gaming build that I just recently mostly constructed, but I need a graphics card. My budget is around $300, but that could change.

i5 3570k
ASRock extreme4
Samsung 128gb SSD
1TB HDD
Thermaltake SMART 750w PSU
Rosewill CHALLENGER U-3 mid tower case
Will get:
Cooler master hyper 212 evo
Maybe:
Linksys WMP600N Wireless adapter

Graphics card choices:
I was thinking; should i get the msi 670 over the evga 660ti ftw signature 2, for about $30-$50 more, even though it's not the custom factory version.
Here are the links:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130837
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127675

Also, any other recommendations for wireless adapter?

Solution
Regarding that 670 on sale. Yes it's a steal but, Tom's hardware said that a 7950 BE could match a 670 these days. Microcenter is also known to sell hardware cheaper than MRSP, so who knows that you might be able to get a 7950 for lower prices? The 670 also comes with a reference cooler, which means that it may not have good temps and good increase in clocks when overclocking. And the 670 comes from a not-that-known brand of nvidia cards, which is galaxy. They should be fine, but sometimes getting from a well known brand is a better option. We also won't know that it could be a discontinued model, which means that it will probably not be stocked back again. So, the 7950 should be a fine choice.

My first choice would be this...

olijng7

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012

Ya, $370 is a little pushing it. I also am not sure because i think that nVidia is a more reliable company then AMD. So do you think that even with the smaller clocks and less intense cooling that the msi 670 is better?

Yes if you could afford that 7970, I think it's the best option. Although my cards in my prior post could be your choice if you couldn't afford the 7970. No, nvidia is not a more reliable company, yes their support and drivers are a bit better, but not in a way that you can tell 'nvidia is better'. You can't judge on clocks, you only can judge from performance. 7970's performance is better than 670's so yes, it should be better than the 670 MSI.

sheepsnowadays

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012

"7970 too big, 7950 not sure if it's worth it." They are both a better bang for your buck right now. It seems your just making excuses to go Nvidia.

olijng7

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012

No, actually, the 7970 model people have been giving me is actually too big for my case. Maybe the 7950 comment was a little biased, but if you read the comment below, this seems like an awesome deal:
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.aspx?sku=505149
Hopefully it will come back in stock soon.

If not, I will take a look at some 7950's. Was my msi 7950 oc a good card?

Regarding that 670 on sale. Yes it's a steal but, Tom's hardware said that a 7950 BE could match a 670 these days. Microcenter is also known to sell hardware cheaper than MRSP, so who knows that you might be able to get a 7950 for lower prices? The 670 also comes with a reference cooler, which means that it may not have good temps and good increase in clocks when overclocking. And the 670 comes from a not-that-known brand of nvidia cards, which is galaxy. They should be fine, but sometimes getting from a well known brand is a better option. We also won't know that it could be a discontinued model, which means that it will probably not be stocked back again. So, the 7950 should be a fine choice.

My first choice would be this.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202006
First, it is the cheapest. Second it has a good cooler and is the boosted clock edition (BE). Third, it's from sapphire and has good reviews.

About the spamming issues (sorry out of topic) but you can just edit your post.

EDIT: Sorry, wrong Link! Fixed and I hope I didn't confuse you at all.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.