Sign in with
Your question

Top and Bottom of screen are flickering

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 28, 2012 4:34:50 AM

Hey everyone, I'm not all that good when it comes to computers. I just did a clean install of windows 8 and now every time my computer in trying to process anything the top and bottom of my computer starts to flicker. Probably about half an inch on the top and a quarter of an inch on the bottom. My graphic card drivers are up to date and im not sure what else to do or what else to even look for.

I'm on my laptop running ati radeon hd 5850. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

More about : top bottom screen flickering

November 8, 2012 7:23:59 PM

Hello, i'm having this issue as well.. Just installed windows 8 pro on my MSI GX640 laptop with the same ati radeon hd 5850.. updated the driver to 12.10.. But the top and bottom screen are flickering when it starts to do some graphic stuff. Have you found a fix? I'm currently trying out the 12.11 beta6 driver.. Hope it fixes it.
m
l
November 13, 2012 11:37:16 PM

Any progress on this issue because I got the same problem?
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
November 25, 2012 7:52:46 PM

Hi,

I experienced the same issue after installing the 12.1 drivers today. Had some very, very old drivers before updating to 12.1 and I basically had to reinstall the old ones to remove the flickering.

In my case I downloaded the file which you can find here: http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GX64 [...] =Win7%2064

Im on a MSI GX640 with a ATI Radeon 5850 Mobility card.

Hope this helps! :) 
m
l
November 30, 2012 5:34:25 PM

I have the same issue on MSI GX640. It seems that problem is rather specific (limited to this gfx card maybe, or even to laptop/mainboard/graphics card combination?). Downgrading drivers helps. I don't remember, to which version, though.
m
l
!