Jaspervd

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
I have the following parts:

CPU: INTEL COREI5 3350P 3.1G 6MB BOX
RAM: Corsair 8GB PC3-12800 Vengeance Low Profile DDR3 SDRAM (2x 4GB, 1600MHz, CL9)
GPU: Club3D ATI Radeon HD7850 1GB DDR5 Royal King Edition (PCI-e)
MOBO: ASRock B75 Pro3-M (Socket 1155)

SSD: Samsung 64GB Solid State 830 Series (SATA-600, 2.5")
HDD: Seagate 500GB Barracuda 7200 (SATA-600, 3.5")

Power: Corsair 430W CX Bronze Series V3

I currently have a Dell Dimension 2400 case, could I re-use this for the parts above? If so, what do I need to pay attention to?

Thanks a lot!

Wolfshadw

Titan
1) Does your case accept an ATX Form Factor motherboard?
2) Does the case accepts a standard ATX Power Supply
3) Will the case accept standard height (not low-profile) add-on cards?
4) Can you modify/strip the front power, reset, hdd activity light connections to match your motherboard?

-Wolf sends

Jaspervd

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
Thanks for your answer, this give me some pointers to work with!

1) I think it supports micro-atx
2) I have no idea, how can I check this? Simply measure up the size inside the case?
3) yes
4) I can disconnect these from the current motherboard, but unsure if they are standard and will fit on my new motherboard. I guess I will just have to give it a try

Wolfshadw

Titan
1) Easiest way to check is to count the number of expansion slots the case allows for. If the case only allows for four expansion slots, it will only accept a MicroATX motherboard. A full ATX motherboard will not physically fit within the case.

2) Not entirely fool-proof, but if you look at the rear of the case, the power supply should be held in place by four screws. Three screws in a corner of the power supply. The fourth will be off-set from the corner.

3) Good to go.

4) Chances are they will not match up with your new motherboard and each wire will need to be connected to the new board, individually.

-Wolf sends