Upgrade from intel 4000 for casual gaming and dual monitor setup

micceo

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
Hi friends,

Here is my current pc build

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hASl

I currently have onboard graphics ( intel 4000 ) and I am a casual gamer. Games i play would be guild wars, assassins creed and fifa 2012.

Budget : 100- 150 $
I would prefer if the card has 2 dvi ports on it ( Can i split the signal from a single dvi port to two monitors , where both monitors display different picture )

Looking to buy : in 1-2 weeks
I am a developer and run a few virtual machines too, so I would prefer a graphic card with robustness ( does not crash very often .. and has good driver support ).

I managed to rig up my machine thanks to people over here at tom's hardware,

Thank you for making a great community which helps new comers like me

Regards
Ravi

micceo

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
Thank you for the help Jay-Z and refillable,

Jay-Z your guess is right. This is a workstation :). So i need CPU performance over all other things. At the moment I am very inclined now towards the 7850 , the 1 gb one is costing 150$ whereas I can get the 2GB variant for 179$.

I dont mind paying the extra 30$ , if it may future proof my system( for 2 years? ).

Can someone tell me if http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150617
is a good deal, or prices of 7850 are looking to fall further ? Somewhere in another 2 weeks.

I would be glad if someone can answer my another doubt. Many of cards I saw come with single DVI port, how do people establish a dual monitor setup with those ?

Warm Regards
Ravi

Jay-Z

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
If you can spend more, that 7850 that you mentioned is a great deal and is $159 after the rebate so it is actually not much more. Also, that card can easily run 2 monitors and with the right adaptors, 3 actually. Does this answer all of your questions. Have fun :)

micceo

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012

Yup.. !!!

Thanks a lot!