Weird small pixels while playing 1080p videos help please!

David92

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
I just tried playing few 1080p mkv videos on my LG DVI W1942T monitor using Media Player Classic HC. and i straight away notice the picture quality has weird small pixels on the screen. (probably scan lines ?) When i pause the video it's gone. I never encounter any of this issues on my older monitor which is 4.3 VGA monitor though. Any ideas what's happening ? any help is appreciated

CPU: Intel i5 3470 3.20 Ghz
GPU: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 7850 2GB
RAM: 2x 4GB GSkill Sniper 1600mhz
Motherboard: Asrock Z77 PRO3
HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue
PSU: Enermax 650w
Monitor: LG W1942T

JJ1217

Honorable
Games as well? Or just mkv videos. Any other format of videos?

First thing I can recommend to do is to unplug your GPU, and try running off CPU graphics. If issue still persists, we know its not the GPU, and most likely the video is the culprit.

David92

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
I already tried couple of mkv,mp4 and wmv but i am still seeing pixels on screen when i pause the video it's gone. which is very strange. I didn't have problems on my older monitor though.

i tried unplugging my DVI cable and reconnect them but same results. I tested few games such as Skyrim Dungeon Siege III. i don't think there is any noticeable pixel on screen. Could it be monitor needs to configure through software or MPC ?

David92

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
Hmm is it possible to use Integrate graphics from my CPU without taking out my GPU ? i just installed latest 12.11 beta driver from AMD. it doesn't seems to be driver problem since it still exist. it happens on 12.6 too. i would like to take back my word about this weird pixel not appearing on games. i just played Torchlight II for awhile and i seen it appearing too.

I'm sorry that i can't describe it better i would like to take a picture of it but my phone has a crappy camera. i already tried taking pictures of it but it's too blurry to be seen.

Anyway, it looks like small cross xxxxx stripes on the screen. but this only happen on videos and games.

luksiking

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013
I have exact same problem i tryed to use print screen bat you cant see it .It only appears when picture is moving ... I am using vga will that change if I go on dvi ? Or should i contact the store where i bought it ?

herolegend

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
I have same issue too, I bet its a codec or video player, I'm using mpc 1.5.3.3819 I have similar issue with any res video only happens on video no games or anything else. It could be a windows update did something too, but I'm not sure which one it is. I use CCCP i tried latest one and that messed up my settings for watching 720p so i un-installed previous setup, but maybe during my un-install and re-install it messed up something in the codec pack, of course I wonder could it be a dot glitch virus? That eats 1-10 pixels in a video?

Apr 22, 2018
I'm having the same issue, I took out my GPU and it didn't work, changed my HDMI cables and still nothing. Updated graphics and video drivers and still nothing. It was working yesterday morning and then halfway through the day, I started getting these pixels.

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016
Since people have tried changing gpu/gfx cards and it hasnt fixed the issue, it is almost certainly something M$ have buggered up.

HOWEVER.

Normally, random pixels like this can indicate an issue with VRAM; the gfx card gets too hot* and any weak VRAM modules start throwing errors. Sometimes the weakness has been caused by a previous owner of the card O/C'ing it too far, sometimes it is just a bad set of components.

*MKV is one of the more stressful codecs are far as the cpu/gfx are concerned.

Apr 22, 2018

Would there be any way to fix this? My GPU was running at around 40 degrees when I checked it yesterday and it hasn't been overheating prior. I have a GTX1050TI and only got it last year September brand new.