For awhile now i have been trying to get my 3x27" screens in surround span for gaming and then a 4th monitor for temps/webpages/ detail info ect ect while ingame. Finally found out how, and thought maybe others were looking to do the same
For this you will need 2x (sli videocards) with 2way sli connector + 1x videocard so 3 in total, and you need ofcorse 3x identical screens + a 4th any resolution will do. Windows 8 64,. but im assuming it will work on other windows,. vista not sure.
Assuming you have your sli already setup.
READ IT ALL 2x THEN DO IT!
1. Uninstall all GPU drivers and turn off pc.
2. Unplug the SLI connector on 1 card.
3. Mount the 3rd GPU in slot 2 or 4, since slots 1-3 are being used by the sli setup.
4. Startup PC (WITHOUT sli connnector)
5. Install the latest driver (using ver.306)
6. Go to device manager/displaydrivers and disable the GPU with the 4th monitor on it.
7. Turn off the PC and place the SLI connector back.
8. Restart PC and open nvidia control panel and enable "Span displays with surround" (it might not do this correct check ** for more info.)
9. Once surround is enabled, Right click on your desktop and bring up "Screen resolution"
10. Select the disabled monitor (most likely 1, and 2/3 being the surround) and in the dropbox from [Multiple displays] set to "extend desktop to..."
11. Drag the 4th monitor to the location you desire and "Apply"
12. Open Nvidia Control panel and configure the Spaned displays so they are in the correct order for surround.
** if you can't enable span/sli repeat step 6 then try again,. or disable the screen in windows (step9) then reboot, enable sli and continue with step (9)