Twain driver windows 7 64 bit

mattipovermark

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
Hi,
I recently upgraded to a win 7 64 machine but cannot get my Canon Lide 600F to work. I have the latest 64 bit win 7 drivers from Canon, including the 5.x toolbox. The error message I get is that the machine cannot establish a TWAIN connection. OK that's fair since I do not posess such a software... Someone able to give me a clue of where to find it?
Thanks, Matti

Search for your scanner model plus the words "twain drivers"

They normally are installed manually from the CD, or maybe in the tool box for scanner.

fixxxer113

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
I had this problem with a Lide 35. It didn't have win7 drivers so I downloaded drivers for Lide 90. The drivers installed but wouldn't load. The reason was that the drivers were not "signed" and Win 7 64bit (only the 64bit version) doesn't just warn you about installing them, it simply refuses to let them work...

try Hitting the f8 key during boot and selecting the option to boot without driver signing.

There are some programs that will do that for you automatically when you boot so you won't have to select it manually every time.

And, when all else fails, try Vuescan.

winoutreach5

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
Hi,

It appears that the Canon CanoScan LiDE 600F USB Scanner is indeed compatible with Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit as we can see from the Windows 7 Compatibility Center.

The Windows 7 driver available for the CanoScan LiDE 600F USB Scanner is available from Canon here.

You might want to try to install the scanner in compatibility mode should you continue to experience trouble with the install process.

For your convenience I have included the instructions for Compatibility Hardware Device Drivers by Microsoft MVP, Ronnie Vernon, from the TechNet forums:

COMPATIBILITY HARDWARE DEVICE DRIVERS:

1. Place the driver installation file on the Desktop.

2. Right Click the driver installation file and select Properties/Compatibility Tab. Select the appropriate options in from the list. In your case, you would select Windows Vista.

3. Click Apply/OK.

4. Right Click the file and select the Run As Administrator option to install.

Should the install of the drivers prove to be successful but you find yourself experiencing trouble with the scanning software specifically, you might benefit from using Windows Fax and Scan which is integrated into Windows 7.

Jessica
Windows Outreach Team – IT Pro

raznehb

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
Hi everyone, I have the same problem with twain driver of scanner(Kyocera KM 1820) for Windows 7 64bit and now, It was solved after 2 days of Trying the scanner to work. I also tried sending the scanned documents thru network but i Failed.

So here's what I did.

In folder C:\WINDOWS\TWAIN_32, you will see your scanner Twain folder (Ex. KM TWAIN for kyocera and HP scanner for HP). Copy whats inside the folder of your scanner and paste it on the Twain_32 folder.

I hope this will help to everyone.

- raznehb

:)

junedvhora

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013

Hi Raznehb,

your answer is really gr8, it's working 100%. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Junaid

Crickfan

Reputable
Mar 30, 2015
I have a Canoscan Lide 25 and have recently upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit and had the exact same problem. I downloaded the drivers from the Canon website specifically for Win 7 64 bit but it still would not work. I eventually booted up my machine pressing F8 and selected the option for signing in for drivers. Since then it has run perfectly. If your version of Canoscan allows you to scan with Adobe Reader then right click on the reader and go to properties then select compatibility and choose your version of Windows.

alon10

Reputable
Jul 13, 2015

Big thanks for the Vuescan solution. Vuescan driver worked when suddenly the Canon F8400 driver stopped to work on Windows 7 64 bit. Alon