PC Restarting when trying to use webcam on msn messenger

September 12, 2004 4:45:42 PM

I will try to explain this to the best of my ability.

i installed the drivers for me webcam (sipix blinkII)
which were on a cd that came with the device. It worked
fine on my other pc, but this one is brand new.
The thing that happens is this: i plug in the webcam(USB)
go onto the conversation that i want to use the webcam
on, click on WEBCAM then my pc just restarts itself.

when the pc boots back up to desktop, i get the Online
Crash Support thing come up.
i will reply back with the details in a minute...

any suggestions on what i have to do to fix this problem ?

thanks in advance for replies
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
September 13, 2004 5:53:41 AM

"Adam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:aa9501c49901$16788270$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> I will try to explain this to the best of my ability.
>
> i installed the drivers for me webcam (sipix blinkII)
> which were on a cd that came with the device. It worked
> fine on my other pc, but this one is brand new.
> The thing that happens is this: i plug in the webcam(USB)
> go onto the conversation that i want to use the webcam
> on, click on WEBCAM then my pc just restarts itself.
>
> when the pc boots back up to desktop, i get the Online
> Crash Support thing come up.
> i will reply back with the details in a minute...
>
> any suggestions on what i have to do to fix this problem ?

Either stop using this camera and find another, or contact it's tech support.
The driver of this thing is bad or misconfigured.
--PA
!