PC Restarting when trying to use webcam on msn messenger

I will try to explain this to the best of my ability.

i installed the drivers for me webcam (sipix blinkII)
which were on a cd that came with the device. It worked
fine on my other pc, but this one is brand new.
The thing that happens is this: i plug in the webcam(USB)
go onto the conversation that i want to use the webcam
on, click on WEBCAM then my pc just restarts itself.

when the pc boots back up to desktop, i get the Online
Crash Support thing come up.
i will reply back with the details in a minute...

any suggestions on what i have to do to fix this problem ?

thanks in advance for replies
1 answer Last reply
More about restarting webcam messenger

    "Adam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:aa9501c49901$16788270$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    > I will try to explain this to the best of my ability.
    >
    > i installed the drivers for me webcam (sipix blinkII)
    > which were on a cd that came with the device. It worked
    > fine on my other pc, but this one is brand new.
    > The thing that happens is this: i plug in the webcam(USB)
    > go onto the conversation that i want to use the webcam
    > on, click on WEBCAM then my pc just restarts itself.
    >
    > when the pc boots back up to desktop, i get the Online
    > Crash Support thing come up.
    > i will reply back with the details in a minute...
    >
    > any suggestions on what i have to do to fix this problem ?

    Either stop using this camera and find another, or contact it's tech support.
    The driver of this thing is bad or misconfigured.
    --PA

Drivers Webcams Device Driver MSN Messenger Windows XP