Windows 7 vaio drivers

azigule

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
hi,
I have a vayo VGN-FZ31Z and i upgraded from Vista to win 7. I lost the bluetooth, webcam and nvidia card on the way!!! i tried reinstalling the vista drivers from the sony support but none of the drivers can be reinstalled( e.g. for when i run setup for the bluetooth :"software licence not found ").
thanks for your help

szaboaz

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011

No, there aren't.

Sony says: if you want to upgrade, do it on your own risk. They say something about Vista drivers, which *should* work after an upgrade.
It's strange, because their are several utilities for Windows 7 for this model.

See it for yourself:
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-FZ31Z/updates

Otherwise, I'm also a believer of the clean-install-instead-of-upgrade method... :)

szaboaz

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
What if you don't run the setup exe, but install the Vista driver manually for the device?

Go to Device Manager, select your Bluetooth device, right click, Properties, Driver, Update, and you specify the folder where you extracted the FZ3_Bluetooth_Driver.zip file.

If it appears as "Unknown device", it can be identified by a device id string from the Right click-Properties-Details page, something like this: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4220&SUBSYS_27018086&REV_05
You go to http://www.pcidatabase.com/, and write 8086 to Vendor Search, and 4220 to Device Search.

ps. If it doesn't work, then remove the device from Device Manager, restart, and then install it. If it installs automatically, but not OK, then remove, restart into safe mode, install.

azigule

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012

I finally gave up and used Driver Genius Pro. I got my Nvidia card and the bluetooth back. The webcam is still not working .It might be too basic to be upgraded? if you have any good advice...
thank you for all your messages

szaboaz

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
I'm glad you're getting there this way or another.

For the webcam, I can recommend the same procedure that I described above.

Or, alternatively, you can find out the exact type of the camera, and go directly to its maker's website. I can't see any product specification or review which describes this, but the Vista driver's directory is named "Camera Driver Ricoh 6..211G_6.1006.211.0_logo". So, Ricoh, it is... we need more details... information is power! :)

Still with me? Just another idea, but this is just guesswork. What about looking around in similar Vaio products, which have native Windows 7 support, and finding out if they have the same camera (and driver published...). But there must be an easier way than this.

azigule

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012

Thanks .I will try the Ricoh option and the comparative analysis tomorrow. Keep you posted

azigule

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
Hi,
I have been away a few days and then I tried different solutions including your last one, removing the device.
Nothing works!!!
Sony gave me the webcam model " 1/5" SXGA CMOS sensor " . This webcam is supposed to have a win7 driver and it is working properly according to device manager; Driver Genius Pro cant find any other driver for it .
Result: the webcam still does not function with skype which says "....try closing other programs that might be using your webcam.." while nothing visible is using the webcam or says nothing ( black screen with a white moving circle).

It looks like I'm stuck with no webcam!

thanks for all your help

szaboaz

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
You may want to start a new thread with that specific problem in subject.

I googled "find out what program uses my webcam" (maybe you can think of a better search phrase), and there are lots of results. Even Skype has a troubleshooting page with this question: "Is another program using your webcam?"
https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA1267/Why-can-t-I-see-any-video-from-my-webcam

However, apart from checking out possible programs and processes which might use the webcam, there aren't a lot of practical advice.

Well, apart from this one, but it involves regedit, which is considered "serious business", so try it only if you're confident in what you're doing:
http://datamagga.com/Technology/dell-xps-m1530-laptop-web-cam-not-working-in-windows-7-64-bit-qweb-cam-in-use-by-another-programq-error.html

azigule

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012

Let's close the thread.
I'll pass on "regedit"...not skilled enough
thanks foreverything

mikeok

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012

I have sony FZ31Z with win7 64bit and after 2years I found functional driver for camera! Yeeeaah! :D

http://sonyvaiodriver.com/category/sony-vaio-vgn-fz31z-drivers/

windows vista drivers >> 26. preinstalled drivers and utilities - camera driver....

then 36. Vaio capture utility and should be fine.

naitwit

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
There is one way. I have an AR61zu with a Ricoh cam I looked in the Camera Ricoh 6.1006.209.0_logo.zip which i found in the support page for VGN-AR61ZU / downloads / original drivers section.

In the folder there is an application called "DPInst64.exe".

I had given up so I gave it a shot...

And to my surprise,in the Device manager , Imaging divices, came Sony Visual Communication Camera VGP-VCC6

AND the camera works in Skype.

Win 7 64 Ultimate.

Now my problem is only the "multimedia controller" havent got a clue what that is