yst222

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
Windows Vista SP2 32-bit
4300 Core2Duo 1.8ghz 1.8ghz
3GB RAM
AMD RADEON HD7750 MSI

-Everything at stock (cpu,gpu,ram)-

Hi guys, got this graphics card about a month or so ago and installed 'Catalyst Control Center' for the AMD gpus with also the latest drivers.
Just today I've been hit by a number of graphics related issues.

Problem 1: During game (DotA 2) my graphics would just crash and 'recover'. The game would freeze for about 5-10 seconds then the screen would turn black with only the cursor showing. I can alt-tab to my desktop but am unable to continue playing until I ctrl-alt-del and end process + restart Dota.
Restarted computer and did some single player tests still happens.

Problem 2:
Earlier today my monitor gave out on me, it just stopped working. Wouldn't even power on when connected solely to the power cord (no graphics cord). I tested this with 2 power cords. Maybe this is just a coincidence.

Problem 3: Encountered BSODs saying something about 'Memory Management'. Encountered one yesterday and today. Also might be a coincidence.

Problems 1 and 3 occurred with my old graphics card the Nvidia G210 which led to me buying this new one.

What I want to know is are these problems common?
Are they linked together in any way?
Are there any fixes?

Any thoughts and comments are much appreciated. Thanks guys!

yst222

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
Hi, thanks for the reply and sorry that I took so long, went to sleep after my post.
300W stock psu, I know it's pretty bad but I've read that the 7750 should run comfortably on a 300w.
Any other possible causes besides the psu?

G

ur problem is psu 100% Even 450w branded is caped. SO i suggest u aim for 550w min. BSOD is coused by bad driver.