Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Weird picture blocks in desktop background [HELP]

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 28, 2012 3:57:51 PM

Keep getting weird picture blocks in my desktop background time to time. I have no idea what it could be. I have everything updated and correct. I took a picture of what it looks like.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s223/Jbrizzel/Random...

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Memory: G.Skill F2-8500CL5-2GBPK 2GBx4 8GB
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P rev. 1.6
OS: Windows 7 ULT x64
a b U Graphics card
October 28, 2012 4:29:50 PM

this is gpu artifact..

check your gpu temp..is it too hot..?

what is your power suppy..?
m
0
l
October 28, 2012 4:47:18 PM

Quaddro said:
this is gpu artifact..

check your gpu temp..is it too hot..?

what is your power suppy..?


GPU runs idle on about 37c my power supply is an ULTRA X2 1600 watt.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
October 28, 2012 5:21:05 PM

try to run furmark...
you can download it from http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

while furmark running, check if the weird block still appear?
also check your gpu temp while stressing with this software..


note:
By the way, talking about your psu...Ultra is a (sorry..no offense) crap psu with compete cosmetics...:D 
huge wattage labelled not means it's will be enough to serve your system..
Try to borrow "solid" psu from your friends (seasonic, tagan, fsp or other real psu) and check if that weird block still appear..
m
0
l
October 28, 2012 5:45:47 PM

Quaddro said:
try to run furmark...
you can download it from http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

while furmark running, check if the weird block still appear?
also check your gpu temp while stressing with this software..


note:
By the way, talking about your psu...Ultra is a (sorry..no offense) crap psu with compete cosmetics...:D 
huge wattage labelled not means it's will be enough to serve your system..
Try to borrow "solid" psu from your friends (seasonic, tagan, fsp or other real psu) and check if that weird block still appear..


I did the Burn-in benchmarks 1920x1080 15min stress test. GPU ran in between 87c-89c through out the whole test and it maxed out at 91c. No weird blocks appeared. I am thinking it could be my old Windows 7 theme. I'm on a new theme for the past day and haven't seen any issues yet.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
October 28, 2012 5:53:19 PM

91'c is way too hot for nvidia graphics card..

Make it under 80'c in full load..and you'll be safe..

try to running fan faster..
you can control it with msi afterburner..
m
0
l
a c 541 U Graphics card
October 28, 2012 6:14:03 PM

Jbrizzel said:
I did the Burn-in benchmarks 1920x1080 15min stress test. GPU ran in between 87c-89c through out the whole test and it maxed out at 91c. No weird blocks appeared. I am thinking it could be my old Windows 7 theme. I'm on a new theme for the past day and haven't seen any issues yet.

Those temperatures would be considered normal if your graphics card is the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 560 Ti AMP! Edition.

Most GeForce GTX 560 Ti cards are below 80°C when running Furmark. There are cards with good cooling solutions that reach only 67°C when running Furmark.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
October 28, 2012 6:24:19 PM

ko888 said:
Those temperatures would be considered normal if your graphics card is the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 560 Ti AMP! Edition.



Really..? :ouch:  :ouch: 
I'll be freakin fear if my temp reach more than 85'c :lol: 
m
0
l
October 28, 2012 7:04:24 PM

ko888 said:
Those temperatures would be considered normal if your graphics card is the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 560 Ti AMP! Edition.

Most GeForce GTX 560 Ti cards are below 80°C when running Furmark. There are cards with good cooling solutions that reach only 67°C when running Furmark.


This is the card I have: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
October 28, 2012 7:32:10 PM

well...

this is the temperature review from evga 560Ti in full load condition..



taken from http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1617/13/

just 80'c under full load..

your gpu is too hot..:) 

just increase fan speed..and you'll be fine :) 
m
0
l
a c 541 U Graphics card
October 28, 2012 9:15:14 PM

Jbrizzel said:
Thanks for all your help & time.

The temperatures can be higher than what is shown in a review because your ambient temperature may be higher than what the reviewer used.
m
0
l
January 21, 2013 3:30:05 AM

Could this be caused by memory corruption on the GPU?

I did a clean install on my new SSD that I just got and it's still doing this...
m
0
l
!