Need help, computer not booting.

Lokordd

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
Hello folks,
Hopefully this will be an easy one for someone here. My wife's computer, which I did build, will not boot atm. The problem I am encountering is when the system is turned on it will put the Gigabyte splash screen up and then the screen goes black and it says "Begin to update backup bios to latest version....Writing bios image.....................". Then it goes back to the splash screen and keeps cycling through those two screens. Now if I go into the bios and return all settings to normal, the fail safe option, I get a screen that says "The system has experienced boot failures because of overclocking" "Last settings in bios setup may not coincide with current H/W states.".
So I have tried to get it to boot at 4.4 ghz and the stock 3.6 ghz I think it is. In the end all it does is continually cycle through the splash screen and the "begin to update bios..." screen.
The system setup is as follows:
AMD FX 4100
Saphire Radeon 7700 GHZ edition
Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
8 gig corsair 1600 mhz
Corsair CX600 PSU

You help is much appreciated!

Solution
pull the CMOS jumper and flash your bios.

your manual, or google, will tell you the exact proceidure for your PC. Then attempt updating/OCing again.

Remember to set memory speeds and boot priority etc when you do this.

hilltopmonk

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
pull the CMOS jumper and flash your bios.

your manual, or google, will tell you the exact proceidure for your PC. Then attempt updating/OCing again.

Remember to set memory speeds and boot priority etc when you do this.

Solution