REPOST | Which GPU will be best for me? | GTX 670

GabeMeister1

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
(REPOST because i need to add info ) Hey im building a new gaming computer with top quality products such as an i7 3770K @ 4.5GHZ, 8GB of 1600MHZ RAM, Z77 Motherboard, ETC but now for the main part of my Build (1x Monitor); The Graphics Cards! I will be recording so i need a higher FPS to still record Smooth at 60FPS with the Frame drop.

So here my options:

-Asus GTX 670 2GB ,SLI (£660, 4GB GDDR5 )
-Asus GTX 670 2GB II Top ,SLI(£700, 4GB GDDR5)

-Evga GTX 670 2gb ,SLI (£600, 4GB GDDR5)
-Evga GTX 670 2GB FTW ,SLI( £630, 4GB GDDR5)

Personally i am an Asus and Nividia Fanboy and i have an Asus Motherboard (Dunno if its optimized for better performance with Asus GPU?) so my question is.
Which setup would be best for me? Im looking for the best performance and at great value so please tell me the pro's and cons and what my options are thank you :)

I would be all over that Asus TOP for its high factory overclock, cool temps, and really, really quiet fans.heavily modified PCB, with an efficient VRM design to produce low temperatures, improved voltage regulation circuitry, much better ChiL controller , specially binned chip and voltage control and monitoring support that you won't find on most other non-reference cards. It looks aggressive to me and indeed is monster let's keep it on the real. TechPoweUp gives the 670 TOP an 10.0 rating, the only 10.0 rating ever
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_670_Direct_Cu_II/33.html

Quote :

Yes, you've seen correctly, the ASUS GeForce GTX 670 Direct CU II TOP is the first graphics card ever that I gave a perfect ten score. The stock GeForce GTX 670 provides already great performance, but ASUS has topped that by boosting it with a large overclock out of the box which catapults it beyond GTX 680 performance levels. Averaged over all our testing we see the card 1% faster than GTX 680 and 8% faster than GTX 670. The card does so without massive power consumption increase thanks to an efficient VRM design and low temperatures. ASUS has done away with NVIDIA's cheap voltage regulation circuitry and put a much better CHiL controller on the card, which also supports voltage control and monitoring.
The ASUS DC II cooler is a revelation on the GTX 670, it provides incredibly low noise levels. In both idle and load the card emits almost no noise, it is actually quieter under full load than most other cards on the market are at idle. Not only noise is low but temperatures are great, too. With only 74°C under load the card is cooler than most other GTX 670 cards tested today.
Manual overclocking works well too, especially memory, which is not overclocked out of the box, performs exceedingly well. We see well over 100 MHz extra memory overclocking potential compared to the NVIDIA reference design, thanks to the revamped PCB design. In the end the card reaches 1890 MHz memory, which is just 5 MHz shy of the highest memory clock ever recorded in a TPU review.
Overall the ASUS GTX 670 Direct CU II is the best card I ever tested. I simply can't find anything wrong with it. ASUS has sucessfully addressed all the shortcomings of NVIDIA's reference design, yet asks only a moderate $20 price premium for their card. This means that you can get faster than GTX 680 performance at $420. And the card manages all that with a dual slot cooler, that just screams "put me in SLI".

azathoth

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011

I would recommend this one aswell.
And by the way, when you SLI two cards, the VRAM is NOT added up. The memory needs to be mirrored in each card, so two cards with 2GB of VRAM each is still only 2GB of total usable VRAM.

:heink: +1 i didn't notice OP was thinking it would be 4GB good catch :lol: