when is the rapaling going to be in BF2?

It would be fun to rapal down into a forest clearing in BF2,
or do an air sea rescue type pickup of people on the ground.

hmmmm helicopters, dangling ropes and tall buildings,
recipe for disaster... , but fun to watch from a safe distance lol.

mortar launched grappling irons would have been a good piece of
equipment for the engineer.
2 answers Last reply
More about when rapaling

    "malcolm" <m.tamblynREMOVE@mchsi.com> wrote in message
    > It would be fun to rapal down into a forest clearing in BF2,
    > or do an air sea rescue type pickup of people on the ground.
    >
    > hmmmm helicopters, dangling ropes and tall buildings,
    > recipe for disaster... , but fun to watch from a safe distance lol.
    >
    > mortar launched grappling irons would have been a good piece of equipment
    > for the engineer.

    A DICE design lead guy said in a public chat that they tried implementing
    repelling from the blackhawks but took it out. He didn't go into details,
    but just said that although it sounded like a great idea, in reality it
    wasn't fun at all. (I bet it was ruined by the fact that guys trying to
    repel down the roaps would 90% of the time just get shot & killed, just like
    what often happens when trying to climb ladders.)

    On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 07:07:23 -0400, "Nonymous" <noham@nospam.com>
    wrote:

    >"malcolm" <m.tamblynREMOVE@mchsi.com> wrote in message
    >> It would be fun to rapal down into a forest clearing in BF2,
    >> or do an air sea rescue type pickup of people on the ground.
    >>
    >> hmmmm helicopters, dangling ropes and tall buildings,
    >> recipe for disaster... , but fun to watch from a safe distance lol.
    >>
    >> mortar launched grappling irons would have been a good piece of equipment
    >> for the engineer.
    >
    >A DICE design lead guy said in a public chat that they tried implementing
    >repelling from the blackhawks but took it out. He didn't go into details,
    >but just said that although it sounded like a great idea, in reality it
    >wasn't fun at all. (I bet it was ruined by the fact that guys trying to
    >repel down the roaps would 90% of the time just get shot & killed, just like
    >what often happens when trying to climb ladders.)

    Yeah ... but a drop rappel, is fast, physics would be like 'chuting
    you would drop fast attached to the rope, and have to release 'fire'
    or some other key to break your fall just befor the ground. The only
    downside would be that the heli would be the sitting target, at 50ft
    off the ground it is vunerable.Only ..... why would you rappel when
    you could 'chute?

    I dont like being restricted as to what I can climb ie only where a
    ladder is conveniantly placed, at least spec-ops should have a
    grappling hook or the ability to climb drainpipes or trees.

    \Solidus

Games Video Games