Hello everyone, I've been looking up parts for my first build and I've somewhat finalized the parts. Being the novice that I am, I would like opinions on my choice of components. Thank you.
Purchasing Time Slot: Within the next two to three weeks
System Usage (Most to Least Important): Gaming > Programming/Software Development > Casual(Non-CPU Intensive) Purposes
Preferred Cost Range: [$0,~$850]
(1) What's the difference between the two posted CORSAIR Vengeance?
(2) Using eXtreme Power Calculator, I got roughly 574W recommended. Based on that, I'm on the belief that I need a minimum of 600W power supply unit. I feel like I may be miscalculating this value as I am not too sure on all the inputs to the calculator. If anyone would be so kind, could you verify how "strong" of a power supply unit I need?
(3) Which case do you prefer and why?
(4) Thoughts on motherboard? I was very unsure about which motherboard to get. I chose this one based on the ratings/reviews.
Final Estimated Cost: [$733.93,$813.84] ± $N(where N is some arbitrary number)
*The posted component names have been truncated. Click the store site link to see the full name.
**Already in possession of Operating System and Optical Drive
Using PCPartPicker, I get an estimated wattage of 260W. (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sPUv). I'm not sure about the power supply unit anymore. Someone help me out.
Looks like your well on your way. To answer your questions.
1) There is no difference in those two RAM selections, one is just blue.
2) I would recommend a 750W PSU (Explain later)
3) I like the Full Tower, more air and component space and it's just cool to have a Full Tower
4) Motherboard is fine, plenty of RAM capacity and onboard features