Sign in with
Your question

AX6750 1GBD5-H and crossfire without bridge???

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 28, 2012 11:55:03 PM

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering whether or not anyone here had any experience crossfiring the model listed above http://www.powercolor.com/global/products_features.asp?... . It does not have a crossfire bridge connector, and it says crossfire x is not supported. However, according to the crossfire compatibility chart, 6750 (and 5750) cards can be crossfired without a bridge if NEITHER card has a crossfire bridge connector. Does that apply to any and all 6750's/5750's? Thanks
December 14, 2012 9:36:42 AM

Hey,

I realise this is a bit late and you have probably moved on by now, but I thought I would throw in my two pennies worth anyway.

To Answer your question... the short of it is 'No' according to AMD anyway, haha, sorry I cant give a straight answer.

"AMD specifically mention in their Crossfire Compatibility chart that while the 5750, 6750 and 7750 do not explicity require a bridge for Crossfire, some models produced by AMD partner will feature this, and if this is the case it must be used."

So if you dont want to use a bridge I suggest you get two cards which dont feature one. Though this is simply going by what AMD say and could true in most cases but not all I suspect, which begs the question wether its worth he risk if you really, really dont want to use a bridge.

Hope that helps.
m
l
!