Solved

Help with Gaming PC

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: this week

Budget Range: $1000-1100 CAD

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Movies, Video Editing, Internet Surfing, School Work

Are you buying a monitor: No

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: ncix.com or Canada Computers)

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: In the future

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080 but I might get a bigger Monitor in a few months and get 1920x1200

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Current PC can't handle games in High-Ultra Settings, and I would like to play all the new and upcoming games in Ultra settings such as Blade and Soul, BF3, APB: Reloaded...

I've come up with this build but I'm not sure if it's going to work or some parts are not compatible

http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/sSof

is the 7970 worth it over 7950 or lower GPU for Ultra gaming?

I'm a total noob and this is my first time building so please offer any advices. Thanks a lot! I appreciate your help.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about help gaming
  1. Yggdrsll said:
    Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: this week

Budget Range: $1000-1100 CAD

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Movies, Video Editing, Internet Surfing, School Work

Are you buying a monitor: No

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: ncix.com or Canada Computers)

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: In the future

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080 but I might get a bigger Monitor in a few months and get 1920x1200

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Current PC can't handle games in High-Ultra Settings, and I would like to play all the new and upcoming games in Ultra settings such as Blade and Soul, BF3, APB: Reloaded...

I've come up with this build but I'm not sure if it's going to work or some parts are not compatible

http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/sSof

is the 7970 worth it over 7950 or lower GPU for Ultra gaming?

I'm a total noob and this is my first time building so please offer any advices. Thanks a lot! I appreciate your help.

What's the price difference? I think it can be.
  2. Difference of $90

7950 - http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/part/xfx-video-card-fx795atdjc
    7970 - http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/part/xfx-video-card-fx797atdfc

Also I know that I probably just need 500w for the PSU but the G700 is on sale and it's like on the price range of the 500w PSUs so I figured why not get it? Having more PSU isn't bad right?
  3. Bump.

Can anyone please review the build? And offer any kind of suggestions?
  4. this 7970 is overclocked and 750W psu for future crossfire :)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($220.90 @ Amazon Canada)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.67 @ DirectCanada)
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($116.17 @ DirectCanada)
    Memory: Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($34.99 @ Canada Computers)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.79 @ DirectCanada)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card ($389.99 @ NCIX)
    Case: Zalman Z9 ATX Mid Tower Case ($38.98 @ DirectCanada)
    Power Supply: XFX 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($74.99 @ NCIX)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($96.99 @ Computer Valley)
    Total: $1102.47
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-12-17 09:19 EST-0500)
  5. Okay I made minor modifications

http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/sX37

- I switch to Windows 8, this Windows 8 is not an upgrade right? Like it will work if I just install it after completing the PC

- And is the OC 7970 worth $30 more? For a non-oc 7970?

- I'm also sticking with the Cougar Volant case 'cause I think it looks sexier and $1 difference. Unless you tell me that the Zalman Z9 ATX is a better case.

-Also I don't find any difference with the mobo you suggested? Other than it supports SLi but I'm not going to SLi so I don't see the point for paying $20+ more?
  6. the MSI boards always suffer from issues , and it doesn't the performance you predict by overclocking. however asus and gigabyte are always in the lead.
    the gigabyte 7970 which i recommend is at the same price as the one you had put in your build , the case it's always up to u :) , windows 8 doesn't have any upgrade unless you have a touch screen. hope to help.
  7. Ahh right thanks but everything is compatible right? And I can install Windows 8 without needing Windows 7 installed right?
  8. Best answer
    yes everything is compatible and you are ready to game ;)
  9. Best answer selected by Yggdrsll.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Monitors Systems